Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel "Madison Peak" Bluetooth Support Coming For Linux 5.18

Phoronix: Intel "Madison Peak" Bluetooth Support Coming For Linux 5.18

Beyond all their timely Linux kernel contributions surrounding their processors and graphics hardware, Intel continues well with ensuring network adapters, Bluetooth, and other ASICs are generally well supported on Linux ahead of launch. With Linux 5.18 there is now support for "Madison peak" as another yet-to-be-announced Bluetooth chip...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Some Peak Madison for Madison Peak

Comment

What bothers me going forward is how much of the wireless & ethernet tech in Intel's NICs will be pulled from the Killer group they bought. Intel is sometimes hit or miss with their NICs already, but usually they make pretty good client side NICs. Killer, on the other hand, has been almost entirely crap.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
        What bothers me going forward is how much of the wireless & ethernet tech in Intel's NICs will be pulled from the Killer group they bought. Intel is sometimes hit or miss with their NICs already, but usually they make pretty good client side NICs. Killer, on the other hand, has been almost entirely crap.
        Killer is the Sound Blaster of network cards.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
          Killer NICs are very diverse, using chips from different vendors.

For wired:
          Killer E3000 is Realtek 2.5GBit/s
          Killer E2xxx is Qualcomm Atheros 1Gbit/s

For wireless:
          Killer Wireless-N is Qualcomm Atheros AR93xx
          Killer Wireless-AC is Qualcomm Atheros QCA988x or Intel Wireless 9x60
          Killer Wireless-AX is Intel Wireless AX2x0

Of course there's the original Killer NIC, which was a whole different beast based on a PowerPC embedded chip running Linux, more akin to current SmartNICs or NPUs.
          I am not sure if the modern ones are any different, other than the PCI ids, under Linux than the base parts since all the magic seems to have moved into the Windows driver.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

Killer NICs are very diverse, using chips from different vendors.

For wired:
            Killer E3000 is Realtek 2.5GBit/s
            Killer E2xxx is Qualcomm Atheros 1Gbit/s

For wireless:
            Killer Wireless-N is Qualcomm Atheros AR93xx
            Killer Wireless-AC is Qualcomm Atheros QCA988x or Intel Wireless 9x60
            Killer Wireless-AX is Intel Wireless AX2x0

Of course there's the original Killer NIC, which was a whole different beast based on a PowerPC embedded chip running Linux, more akin to current SmartNICs or NPUs.
            I am not sure if the modern ones are any different, other than the PCI ids, under Linux than the base parts since all the magic seems to have moved into the Windows driver.
            Exactly, except the first-gen any of the secret sauce was in the driver, and the Linux network stack is likely better suited for whatever you're doing anyways.

Comment

Working...
            X