No announcement yet.

Intel UHD Graphics 770 / Alder Lake GT1 Linux Graphics Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance is great for only 32 EUs, the difference to 11900k is much higher than the 19% GPU clock speed increase in many of the tests.

Comment

I'd be really curious to see the iGPU results on DDR4 too.

Comment

It would be interesting to see DDR5 vs DDR4, because graphics tend to be latency sensitive...

Also kudos to Intel for finally realizing there's no point in wasting >30% of the die area for GPU in a desktop part.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Intel's desktop chips just have a lot fewer gpu cores. Their laptops have up to 96, while Rocket Lake only had 32.
          The thermal envelope and power use isn't great (an understatement compared to Ryzen) for Alder Lake so I suspect had to cut the iGPU down.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            It would be interesting to see DDR5 vs DDR4, because graphics tend to be latency sensitive...

Also kudos to Intel for finally realizing there's no point in wasting >30% of the die area for GPU in a desktop part.
            Or to avoid a complete meltdown of the die.

Comment

I ordered a Z690 DDR4 and should be getting it this weekend.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Graphics is first and most bandwidth sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

The thermal envelope and power use isn't great (an understatement compared to Ryzen) for Alder Lake so I suspect had to cut the iGPU down.

It's a die size tradeoff for the desktop chips and not power related. Power consumption of 96EUs Xe is negligible compared to the CPU cores and CPU cores are mostly idling during iGPU gaming. ADL-S is not a dedicated iGPU desktop series like AMDs Ryzen 5000G. iGPU gaming is a much bigger topic for mobile devices and therefore there are 96 EUs on ADL-P.

Comment

Michael One test that could be of importance would be a opencl test, for testing those APU graphics..
                    A lot of people get into opencl with apus first..

Comment

Originally posted by mikkl View Post

It's a die size tradeoff for the desktop chips and not power related. Power consumption of 96EUs Xe is negligible compared to the CPU cores and CPU cores are mostly idling during iGPU gaming.
                      I really wish Intel didn't stratify their product line by cutting down the iGPU EU count on lower-end processors. Like, why not have a 96 EU i3/Gold/Celeron/Atom?

Comment

Working...
                      X