Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.14 To Begin Enabling The Intel Graphics TTM Memory Management Bits for dGPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.14 To Begin Enabling The Intel Graphics TTM Memory Management Bits for dGPUs

Phoronix: Linux 5.14 To Begin Enabling The Intel Graphics TTM Memory Management Bits for dGPUs

While a decade ago Intel's open-source Linux graphics driver engineers resisted TTM at the time and instead devised the Graphics Execution Manager (GEM) for kernel graphics memory management needs in its place, now with discrete graphics cards and dedicated video memory, Intel has been working on making use of TTM memory management for those purposes. With Linux 5.14 the initial bits are going to be there for using TTM by the Intel driver when running with discrete graphics having local memory...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

does this support old igpu or new one only

is not like I would buy anything from intel anymore after i see how they treat the customers

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
      does this support old igpu or new one only

is not like I would buy anything from intel anymore after i see how they treat the customers
      It's clearly written across the board. The reason they are working with TTM is that they are making discrete GPUs, why would they apply it immediately to all their igpus?

Comment

Will this have any effect on their Xe Max laptops? Specifically in the (awkward/strange) need of using a VM to use it under linux?

Comment

Working...
        X