Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crocus Gallium3D Nears Mainline Mesa For Gallium3D i965 Through Haswell Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crocus Gallium3D Nears Mainline Mesa For Gallium3D i965 Through Haswell Graphics

Phoronix: Crocus Gallium3D Nears Mainline Mesa For Gallium3D i965 Through Haswell Graphics

A few months ago you may recall word of Crocus as a new Mesa Gallium3D driver for supporting Intel Gen7 Haswell graphics and older back through the i965 class hardware. That Gallium3D driver for the aging class of Intel graphics is nearing mainline Mesa with the work-in-progress merge request now pending as of this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, just last month that I replaced my still functioning Ivy Bridge laptop for a Tiger Lake one, this should allow using the nine driver in it IIRC

Comment

Hopefully it will improve the performance, too!

My IvyBridge HD4000 unfortunately can't handle 'mpv' with "scale=haasnsoft", but at least setting "scale-radius=2" makes it somewhat bearable.

Comment

did they fix this: https://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/I965Todo/ problem plus I965Errata

it will be nice if someone does something about broken Hardware video acceleration in Haswell and older IGPU with libva-intel-driver. ( Broadwell (2014) and newer are supported by intel-media-driver.)

and maybe beignet (old OpenCL drivers ) too

Comment

Let me get this strait: this driver is only to Haswell, or it works for Sandy/Ivy Bridge too? I got confused by the way the article was written.

EDIT: Ah, it is for much more than Haswell. Directly from Dave Airlie blog:

Crocus is a gallium driver to cover the gen4-gen7 families of Intel GPUs. The basic GPU list is 965, GM45, Ironlake, Sandybridge, Ivybridge and Haswell, with some variants thrown in.
          Last edited by M@GOid; 06 June 2021, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Personally I applaud this effort. Hardware prices got batshit crazy since last year worldwide. I'm holding my current hardware like Gollum, until things got civilized again on the market.

Me looking at my current notebook. Colorized.

Comment

Thanks imirkin and airlied !

Comment

does this support "Resizable BAR" and "AMD Smart Access Memory" like ?

article about this : https://www.basnieuwenhuizen.nl/the-...ing-from-vram/

Comment

What happened to the ilo driver btw?

Comment

Thanks to airlied and imirkin and all contributors for this great job I still using a GM45 laptop for daily drive and I think a lot of users using these platforms and I hope that if possible Crocus driver brings some new features to these platforms and can improve performance.

"Crocus driver development lab"

Comment

Working...
                    X