• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    the chinese miracast dongles usually support AirPlay as well
    there are various open and less-open airplay server implementations around
    See EzCast brand for example.

I cannot vouch for that working well or not because I never tested it, but they do claim to support it, and the miracast works fine on the same dongle.
    Okay, thanks for the heads up on that. Good to know!

Comment

Miraclecast is pretty alive https://github.com/albfan/miraclecast and works for both server and client (i.e. receive and send screen streams respectively)
      Sadly that's not what I saw. The sink-side is reported to work but source side has never been there in miraclecast. Only the README states that it is there and it does so for the a few years now. Its maintainer will routinely delete github comments reporting that the README is wrong, or that the README is stating the goals as if they were the current state of the code.

Comment

the chinese miracast dongles usually support AirPlay as well
        there are various open and less-open airplay server implementations around
        See EzCast brand for example.

I cannot vouch for that working well or not because I never tested it, but they do claim to support it, and the miracast works fine on the same dongle.
        +1, the Chinese EzCast clones cost between $10-$20 and often implement miracast, airplay and some chromecast functionalities. They run linux themselves.

Comment

Working...
        X