X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could it be embedded use?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

This topic has nothing to do with what you said.
      You're right. Lets get back to ranting about systemd and Lennart. This is phoronix after all.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Were those graphics really extreme anyway?
        Only compared to previous Intel GPU's. (And you had to be elite enough to find the secret BIOS setting and increase the video RAM. Otherwise, games might get confused by the DVMT scheme and refuse to run.)

Comment

This is why I am not an Intel hater.
          They really do a great job supporting their hardware on Linux.

BTW I still have an E6600 on a G965 chipset that I use as my NAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Spam View Post
            Could it be embedded use?
            No it's just a flyby. Knowing how these things usually go, it's probably breaking it, but since none of the people that so vehemntly want long support like that and whine in forums constantly actually don't have so old hardware anyway, none will notice for a few years, at the very least, if ever.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              No it's just a flyby. Knowing how these things usually go, it's probably breaking it, but since none of the people that so vehemntly want long support like that and whine in forums constantly actually don't have so old hardware anyway, none will notice for a few years, at the very least, if ever.
              The articles does make it sound like a flyby. But hey, if we can get the full feature set on a given piece of hardware, that's a good thing.

Although you're right about the harsh reality (i.e. potential crashes and not many users if at all).

Comment

Working...
              X