Intel Gallium3D Driver Performance Is Looking Good With The Core i9 9900KS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Gallium3D Driver Performance Is Looking Good With The Core i9 9900KS

Phoronix: Intel Gallium3D Driver Performance Is Looking Good With The Core i9 9900KS

With Mesa 20.0 expected to ship the "Iris" Gallium3D driver as the default Intel OpenGL Linux driver for Broadwell hardware and newer, I've been ramping up my testing of this open-source driver in recent weeks. For adding to the various generations of CPUs tested, here are some numbers of the latest code when using the UHD Graphics 630 off the high-end Core i9 9900KS processor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Without testing against Windows driver those numbers means nothing.

Because last time when you tested it against Windows driver Iris was getting smacked by Windows driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
      Without testing against Windows driver those numbers means nothing.
      They mean nothing if you're only concerned about how it compares to Windows, that isn't the point here. The point is to see how it compares to the older driver. If you care enough, you could find some benchmarks between i965 and the Windows Intel driver, then multiply the i965 scores by the percentages found in this article to get a shoddy idea of the performance difference between Iris and Intel on Windows.

Comment

Working...
      X