Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 20.0-devel Intel Gallium3D Performance Benchmarks Are Looking Good For Ice Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 20.0-devel Intel Gallium3D Performance Benchmarks Are Looking Good For Ice Lake

Phoronix: Mesa 20.0-devel Intel Gallium3D Performance Benchmarks Are Looking Good For Ice Lake

While the Mesa 20.0 cycle is quite young and still over one month to go until the feature freeze for this next quarterly installment of these open-source OpenGL/Vulkan Linux drivers, it's quite exciting already with the changes building up. In particular, on the Intel side they are still positioning for the Intel Gallium3D driver to become the new default on hardware of generations Broadwell and newer. Here is a quick look at how the Intel Gallium3D performance is looking compared to their legacy "i965" classic OpenGL driver that is the current default...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congrats! This really shows how everybody profits by cooperation on a common driver infrastructure. I'm positive this will also improve Radeon performance in the long run, as Intel will now also concentrate on gallium.

Comment

Using MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=iris I'm experiencing visual artifacts when scrolling with Firefox. Anyone else having this?

Comment

Working...
      X