Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tons Of The Intel Tiger Lake "Gen 12" Graphics Compiler Code Just Landed In Mesa 19.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tons Of The Intel Tiger Lake "Gen 12" Graphics Compiler Code Just Landed In Mesa 19.3

Phoronix: Tons Of The Intel Tiger Lake "Gen 12" Graphics Compiler Code Just Landed In Mesa 19.3

A lot of the Tiger Lake "Gen 12" graphics compiler infrastructure changes to Mesa for Intel's open-source OpenGL and Vulkan Linux drivers were just merged into the Mesa 19.3 code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have to admit, I'm quite excited for Tiger Lake/Gen12 - this will probably be the first architecture that can run modern games on an ultrabook.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
      I have to admit, I'm quite excited for Tiger Lake/Gen12 - this will probably be the first architecture that can run modern games on an ultrabook.
      Well, technically current ultrabooks can run the games, they have the feature support. It's just performance that's lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Well, technically current ultrabooks can run the games, they have the feature support. It's just performance that's lacking.
        That's like saying you can run Linux on a 486. Technically you can, it just won't be very useful to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post

That's like saying you can run Linux on a 486. Technically you can, it just won't be very useful to do so.
          True, that's just how it is. iGPUs weren't meant for gaming and other high performance graphics, they're just meant to be able to render desktop UIs at 60 FPS for 7-8 years.

Comment

Working...
          X