Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Current Intel "Iris" Gallium3D OpenGL Performance Against i965 Mesa, Windows 10 OpenGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cybertraveler
    replied
    Originally posted by grigi View Post
    This is somewhat surprising. On my igp 620UHD based notebook, Talos principle ran soooo much better on Linux than on windows. And The Witcher 3 failed to run, whereas I can play it through Proton.
    Seems that the Intel Windows drivers are not quite as bad as I thought…
    "as bad" or 'as good' as you thought? 😕

Leave a comment:

• xpue
    replied
    Originally posted by grigi View Post
    Intel Windows drivers are not quite as bad
    On windows, for some games to work you need to spoof gpu name as geforce/radeon instead of intel. Chances are, dxvk does that.

Leave a comment:

• grigi
    replied
    This is somewhat surprising. On my igp 620UHD based notebook, Talos principle ran soooo much better on Linux than on windows. And The Witcher 3 failed to run, whereas I can play it through Proton.
    Seems that the Intel Windows drivers are not quite as bad as I thought…

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    though the Iris vs. i965 performance was simnlar.
    Windows for light/single workloads and Linux for heavy/many workloads...
    Last edited by tildearrow; 15 April 2019, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Current Intel "Iris" Gallium3D OpenGL Performance Against i965 Mesa, Windows 10 OpenGL

Phoronix: The Current Intel "Iris" Gallium3D OpenGL Performance Against i965 Mesa, Windows 10 OpenGL

It's been quite fascinating to watch the development of the Intel Iris Gallium3D driver that has now been in development by their open-source team for more than one year while back in February is where this currently experimental driver was merged into Mesa. It's been over one month since last looking at the Intel Iris Gallium3D performance relative to Intel's default "i965" Mesa OpenGL driver. Here are fresh benchmarks looking not only at their current and next-gen OpenGL Linux driver options but also how that performance compares to their current Windows 10 OpenGL driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X