Intel Graphics On Ubuntu: GNOME vs. KDE vs. Xfce vs. Unity vs. LXDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
    Just keep repeating: "Russia meddled in the election." After about 100 repetitions you'll start to believe it.
    You realize 4 people have been criminally charged so far in Russia investigation? You realize that Facebook testified under oath that Kremlin propaganda touched 150 million Americans? You Realize that Twitter just admitted that 70,000 Americans have retweeted Russian propaganda. You have to be willfully ignorant to know about this and still claim it's all a hoax.
    Last edited by slacka; 22 January 2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post

You realize 4 people have been criminally charged so far in Russia investigation? You realize that Facebook testified under oath that Kremlin propaganda touched 150 million Americans? You Realize that Twitter just admitted that 70,000 Americans have retweeted Russian propaganda. You have to be willfully ignorant to know about this and still claim it's all a hoax.
      OK, Russia tried to influence American election, a habit USA have been perfecting around the globe for decades. What you should be concerned of is that the bullshit they were spilling had echoed so well on so many American minds and souls, in other words, there were something already there, just waiting the right tone to spring out. It hurts but deal with it and fight ignorance as much as you can on your country. It is hard, but I try to do it back here in my country too.

USA is a wonderful country full of wonderful people but, like almost every other place, carry its own bag of not so wonderful ones.

Back on topic now, please?

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
        Most likely the compositor is not getting disabled in fullscreen mode for some reason. XFWM4 does have a "Display fullscreen overlay windows directly" option to undirect fullscreen windows, but for certain apps/games it has trouble deactivating compositor.
        I like your answer. It keeps it clean and technical and no political stuff. I wish more of the discussions were that way.

Comment

LXDE is really fast and good DE, you can make it look semi-good, but that is as far as you can get. GNOME 3 design is great and it is literally the only option for me, unfortunately since recently it comes at cost (at least on Arch), mutter is getting worse in terms of performance, and not being able to "fix" it with CLUTTER draw env. values as before doesn't help either... (bug not adressed since 2015 i think).

I don't know how 3.26.x would react on Ubuntu (17.10 for example), but i don't have reason to believe it would behave in different way.

Comment

Working...
          X