No announcement yet.

AMD Zen Temperature Monitoring Queued For Linux 4.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working fine on a GA-AX370-Gaming-K7 and a 1700. As soon as I moved to the 4.15 kernel the sensors popped up. Just the CPU one. For the rest of the sensors on the motherboard I had to take some extra steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
      Working fine on a GA-AX370-Gaming-K7 and a 1700. As soon as I moved to the 4.15 kernel the sensors popped up. Just the CPU one. For the rest of the sensors on the motherboard I had to take some extra steps.
      That's even more concerning. That is precisely my setup! Did you need to load any modules? Or was it as simple as boot and run sensors-detect?

Comment

Originally posted by thelongdivider View Post

That's even more concerning. That is precisely my setup! Did you need to load any modules? Or was it as simple as boot and run sensors-detect?
        Are you asking for the CPU sensor (k10temp)? That one just popped up as soon as I installed the 4.15 kernel for Ubuntu's ppa. If you are asking about the motherboard sensors, you have to compile a patched it87 module and load it. Note that for me neither the k10temp or the mothernoard sensors show up with sensors-detect, but running sensors shows them all regardless.

Comment

You can get the it87 module here which should let you see your CPU temp regardless of kernel version.

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Also, I'd like to quote this from the readme on that page:
          A note on sensors-detect
          ========================
          There is a persistent perception that changes in this driver would have impact on the output of sensors-detect. This is not the case. sensors-detect is an independent application. Changes in this driver do not affect sensors-detect, and changes in sensors-detect do not affect this driver.

Comment

Working...
          X