New Ryzen Is Running Solid Under Linux, No Compiler Segmentation Fault Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    So this problem is still a thing? Guess I will just buy the CPU for my build last. Really wanted a new Ryzen rig up and running before Christmas.
    Yep the problem is ongoing, likely due to the large quantity of stock already on shelves. At this stage AMD haven't made an official statement, so its unknown what percentage of CPUs are affected or how to get a guaranteed good one.

You can follow this link to the AMD community forums for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiLucid View Post

Yep the problem is ongoing, likely due to the large quantity of stock already on shelves. At this stage AMD haven't made an official statement, so its unknown what percentage of CPUs are affected or how to get a guaranteed good one.

You can follow this link to the AMD community forums for more information.
      Well that certainly sucks.

Comment

Since 6 of September that AMD customer service said to me to request the rma on a link, filled all the data requested (country, address etc. and part number, serial number). They still don't have reply me what to do. I have emailed them several times, the customer service apologizes to me and I'm still waiting for instructions how to proceed.

How long takes to reply with the instructions to do the rma?

Thanks,

ED: They replied me, time so send them the cpu!
        ED2: And with the new cpu from week 33 it runs perfect and smoothly!
        Last edited by Khudsa; 06 October 2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
          Since 6 of September that AMD customer service said to me to request the rma on a link, filled all the data requested (country, address etc. and part number, serial number). They still don't have reply me what to do. I have emailed them several times, the customer service apologizes to me and I'm still waiting for instructions how to proceed.

How long takes to reply with the instructions to do the rma?

Thanks,

ED: They replied me, time so send them the cpu!
          ED2: And with the new cpu from week 33 it runs perfect and smoothly!
          Sounds great. Time to RMA my chip, I guess..

Comment

Working...
          X