Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nevion
    replied
    Michael did you receive any suggested settings from AMD devs? You know, like -frelease-the-kraken?

Leave a comment:

• Marc.2377
    replied
    Originally posted by mlau View Post

Depends on the mtune setting, really. Gcc's znver1 model is largely copied from bdver4 (Carrizo/Excavator), and that sucks on Zen. -march=znver1 -mtune=haswell gives much better results. Noone has submitted a more accurate zen scheduling/cost model yet.
    I remember reading your post here and it mentions "-mprefer-avx128". Does that flag still help in this newer case?

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
    Would be interesting to see ICC in here. (and funny to see and quite possibly outperforming AOCC even at AMD hardware).
    A bit sad to admit, but indeed I find this very likely.

Leave a comment:

• reavertm
    replied
    Would be interesting to see ICC in here. (and funny to see and quite possibly outperforming AOCC even at AMD hardware).

Leave a comment:

• Brutalix
    replied
    Originally posted by cusa123 View Post
    https://community.amd.com/servlet/Ji..._13_33_Pro.jpg Help!
    I need help! I can't use any distro of Ubuntu or similar. Use linux mint 18.1 with kernel 4.4. I cannot measure temperature or anything or nothing in linux mint. I tried to use ubuntu "any distribution" without success. Ryzen 1700, gigabyte ax370 gaming 5.
    Well ubuntu has enabled some amd gpio flags in their kernels, which give the Irq trap on the gigabyte motherboards. Either switch to debian or some other non ubuntu distro, or compile your own. This is true for all the am4 gigabyte motherboards.

Kind regards
    Brut.

Leave a comment:

• chimpy
    replied
    I need help! I can't use any distro of Ubuntu or similar. Use linux mint 18.1 with kernel 4.4. I cannot measure temperature or anything or nothing in linux mint. I tried to use ubuntu "any distribution" without success. Ryzen 1700, gigabyte ax370 gaming 5.
    I thought you needed a newer kernel for Ryzen:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    Interesting. Looks like this is more of a beta release with development ongoing. It will be interesting to see if AMD can get real improvements out of code generation and thus better performance in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• Niarbeht
    replied
    I.... think you posted in the wrong thread?

Leave a comment:

• cusa123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    AFAIU from what bridgman said before, AOCC it is like a staging compiler with patches that didn't land yet on upstream or weren't ready to be upstreamed yet

Leave a comment:

• hugo8621
    replied
    Originally posted by mlau View Post

Depends on the mtune setting, really. Gcc's znver1 model is largely copied from bdver4 (Carrizo/Excavator), and that sucks on Zen. -march=znver1 -mtune=haswell gives much better results. Noone has submitted a more accurate zen scheduling/cost model yet.
    sounds interesting with the -mtune=haswell. Is there some data that backs that up? Did phoronix run some benchmark comparisons on that? Might give that a try myself

Leave a comment:

Working...
X