AMD's Ryzen Will Really Like A Newer Linux Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Curious about that Game Boost Knob seems MSI boards have, don't know for others? ... looks like easy overclock, that R7 1700 should go i guess from 3GHz to 3.8 just with just dialing the knob
    I'd rather see MSI would spend that routing, parts and software dev money for better quality boards (parts and manufacturing/soldering) instead of a rotary switch ...

The only thing this switch does is setting the multiplicator in hardware instead of the bios. I saves you 10s when testing new oc settings and has a risk attached to it.

Comment

When I saw what reviewers got, I thought about you right away and hoped you got one. They sent out nice wooden boxes, oak, made in USA. Noctua cooler, ram, motherboard, the whole package. I saw some not so famous reviewers got some. I'm disappointed in AMD that they didn't send you one.

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
        Maybe you should get a pair of glasses? I read "Native" for the X370, B350 and A320 chipsets in the column "USB 3.1 Gen 2" in the second picture (CHIPSETS FOR THE AMD AM4 PLATFORM) from your link above.
        Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only who thought that link completely contradicted the "no USB 3.1 Gen2" claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Namenlos View Post

I'd rather see MSI would spend that routing, parts and software dev money for better quality boards (parts and manufacturing/soldering) instead of a rotary switch ...

The only thing this switch does is setting the multiplicator in hardware instead of the bios. I saves you 10s when testing new oc settings and has a risk attached to it.
          But it goes to ELEVEN! (Christopher Guest should have gotten a trademark on that, but I guess trademarking a number would have been a bit difficult.)

Comment

neural network algorithms would be appreciated, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I mentioned that in this very article...
              You actually mentioned 1 preorder and then turned it into begging for donations. That's the part everyone skips. Mentioning 1 preorder doesn't automatically translate to "this is the only one I'm going to purchase, ever".

Comment

How many M.2 SSD were released within the last year with SATA and how many were released with PCIe connection?

In M.2 format, which is the topic here?

???
                M.2 SATA slots tend to be shared with regular SATA slots. On my mobo, using an M.2 slot means two SATA port get disabled. Luckily, I have tons of ports, but then again the mobo wasn't exactly cheap. Maybe now you understand my concern.

Maybe you should get a pair of glasses? I read "Native" for the X370, B350 and A320 chipsets in the column "USB 3.1 Gen 2" in the second picture (CHIPSETS FOR THE AMD AM4 PLATFORM) from your link above.
                Ok, that I have missed. I was looking at the USB provided by the CPU. I actually forgot there's still a SB that can add to that.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                  Every Ryzen chip and every AM4 mobo I've seen lists USB 3.1 in the spec.
                  because 3.0 is now called 3.1 gen 1. real 3.1 is now called 3.1 gen 2

Comment

How many M.2 SSD were released within the last year with SATA and how many were released with PCIe connection?
                    you could plug there u.2 drive via adapter

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                      M.2 SATA slots ...
                      You don't get it: current M.2 SSDs don't use SATA at all, they use PCIe only!

Comment

Working...
                      X