No announcement yet.

Intel Releases Its First Skylake CPUs: Core i7 6700K & Core i5 6600K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy one today. Wait another two years for the Intel graphics drivers and stack to be mature enough to not crash every other minute!

Comment

Is H.265 hardware decoding supported?

Comment

Originally posted by dibal View Post
        Yes, but only 8-bit. And unlike h264, a lot of hevc content will be 10-bit.

Comment

Originally posted by dibal View Post
          It seems to: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/i...h-generation/4

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post

Do you want 8 threads? Get the FX-8350 then, much cheaper and pretty good for rendering.
            Performance of those threads matter, and I need every ounce I can get right now (thats reasonably affordable) unfortunately. Plus if I'm gonna upgrade I may as well -upgrade- and spring for DDR4 just so its one less headache down the line.
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

i recall reading somewhere that desktop skylake parts will not have avx512. is that the case? that makes skylake much less exciting if so

Comment

I am still very happy with my Ivy Bridge rig. Is it just me or are computers so fast today that upgrading isn't really interesting? I used to be excited about how fast the new cpu was compared to my old computer but today I don't care anymore. If anything I'd upgrade my Radeon 7950 but it still performs decently so I'm not going to bother.

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post
                  i recall reading somewhere that desktop skylake parts will not have avx512. is that the case? that makes skylake much less exciting if so
                  Xeons will, i3/5/7's wont.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    Phoronix: Intel Releases Its First Skylake CPUs: Core i7 6700K & Core i5 6600K

This morning from Germany Intel announced the release of the first Skylake desktop processors alongside the new Intel Z170 chipset...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ylake-Launches
                    Great, another paper launch. I still can't buy the CPUs from the last broadwell paper launch. Has anyone actually seen the i5-5675c in stock? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by BillBroadley View Post

Great, another paper launch. I still can't buy the CPUs from the last broadwell paper launch. Has anyone actually seen the i5-5675c in stock? Where?
                      Broadwell is gonna be scarce-- no one really cares about it. By the time it launched everyone was already talking about Skylake. And no, I haven't seen any standalone CPU's. I've seen a few ads come up saying they are in desktops from like iBuyPower, but not on their own.

Comment

Working...
                      X