Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GhostRace Detailed - Speculative Race Conditions Affecting All Major CPUs / ISAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As i said in the comments section of other articles where some new hardware vulnerability was found, it doesn't really matter and I wouldn't enable the "fix" anyway.

The reality is you could run any OS you want, any you want, wide open, with no security mitigations at all and still be 100% safe if your network is properly designed.

These vulnerabilities are all theoretical, show me a single one that can bypass a firewall or switch that is running a bare bones OS like Nano Server or a stripped down Linux or BSD kernel with a read only file system and a properly configured ACL.

I'm glad that the kernel developers and hardware vendors seem to be finally waking up.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
      The reality is you could run any OS you want, any you want, wide open, with no security mitigations at all and still be 100% safe if your network is properly designed.
      I will quote the Spartan ephors: "If..."

Comment

As always, the important questions that don't seem to be answered are:

1. What is the leak rate in bytes/s?

2. Can this be used to read dm_crypt keys?

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
          Vulnerability name made me think of The Wraith. Anybody remember that movie?

I do. But I only watched it once a couple decades ago on TV.

Comment

Working...
          X