Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Family 19h CPU Microcode Updated (2023-10-19 Rev)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMD Family 19h CPU Microcode Updated (2023-10-19 Rev)

    Phoronix: AMD Family 19h CPU Microcode Updated (2023-10-19 Rev)

    AMD today published a new CPU microcode revision for Family 19h processors, which include Zen 3 / Zen 3+ / Zen 4 processors. As is sadly standard, no change-log is provided...

    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

  • #2
    i wonder if asus learn from them

    Comment


    • #3
      This could be a fix for INCEPTION

      Comment


      • #4
        A pity (shame?) that AMD does not release consumer Ryzen microcode updates, ... :-/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rene View Post
          A pity (shame?) that AMD does not release consumer Ryzen microcode updates, ... :-/
          You can do it yourself, and maybe do it at the distro level?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by geearf View Post

            You can do it yourself, and maybe do it at the distro level?
            https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...code_in_linux/
            Only if a BIOS vendor ships newer microcode, which currently I don't think there is any newer Ryzen 7000 microcode out there. I wonder how cryptographically signed they are and if you can load Epyc or Threadripper ┬Ácode on consumer Ryzen. But I woudl be very surprised if that just worked.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have the Asus x670e hero and bios 1709 seems to contain updated microcode. After updating I no longer saw no microcode next to safe RET in mitigations

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rene View Post

                Only if a BIOS vendor ships newer microcode.
                That's true, but that should be the case, albeit not as early as AMD could.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by geearf View Post

                  That's true, but that should be the case, albeit not as early as AMD could.
                  I would not call 6 to 12 months later, maybe, if we are lucky, particularly satisfying for security and stability mitigations :-/
                  Last edited by rene; 20 October 2023, 01:15 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rene View Post

                    I would not call 6 to 12 months later, maybe, if we are lucky, particularly satisfying for security and stability mitigations :-/
                    Is it really that slow? I thought once the mb manufacturers had it they'd release a new bios soonish after.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X