AMD PMF Firmware Added To Linux-Firmware.Git For Smart PC Solution Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD PMF Firmware Added To Linux-Firmware.Git For Smart PC Solution Builder

Phoronix: AMD PMF Firmware Added To Linux-Firmware.Git For Smart PC Solution Builder

As written about last month, AMD Linux engineers have been working on PMF Linux driver support for a "Smart PC Solutions Builder". The AMD Smart PC Solutions Builder feature is intended to provide OEMs with more control over system power/performance policies. It looks like systems making use of this feature are already to the marketplace or imminent with AMD having already landed the PMF firmware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interestingly AMD still hasn't released a firmware update for the SRSO vulnerability announced two months ago. I'm quite confused.

Comment

AMD tends to be not too proactive in publishing their firmware files early for unreleased hardware/features and the like, so it's possible the Smart PC Solution Builder is already used or going to be used for this generation of devices.
      Nah, they’re probably just trying to encourage OEMs to adopt it and getting it in before the newest LTS. They’d rather say “it already works downstream” instead of “trust me bro!”

Comment

Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post

Nah, they’re probably just trying to encourage OEMs to adopt it and getting it in before the newest LTS. They’d rather say “it already works downstream” instead of “trust me bro!”
        But it's not going to be in the next LTS... Linux 6.6 is more than likely this year's LTS. This code won't land until at least Linux 6.7.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X