Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Fix Incoming For Intel Fallout After The Kernel Disabled Buggy AMD fTPM RNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised Intel didn't get more legally aggressive and treat it as some sort of anticompetitive measure.

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Philosophically, it tells me that Michael is just like the rest of us old guys who are passionate about their setup because he's set in stone with his ancient idea of a good workflow. I know his workflow is ancient because the damn-near prehistoric red squiggly autocorrect line would alert him to the majority of typos on Phoronix.
    To his defense, almost every article he writes involve a lot of red squiggly lines. Case in point: "Phoronix" is treated as a spelling error. However... you can train your system's dictionary. Just right-click on the word and select "Add to dictionary" and all these unaccepted names will disappear.
    Last edited by schmidtbag; 05 September 2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      To his defense, almost every article he writes involve a lot of red squiggly lines. Case in point: "Phoronix" is treated as a spelling error. However... you can train your system's dictionary. Just right-click on the word and select "Add to dictionary" and all these unaccepted names will disappear.
      I've added enough things to my Firefox dictionary that random internet posting boxes work better than actual text editors for spell checking technical writing.

Comment

He could also as easily use LanguageTool (or Grammarly but that's closed source)

Comment

Frankly it's the comments pointing out spelling msitakes that annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

Been biting my tongue for the past few years over this. Spell check has been around for over a decade. Typos and misspellings shouldn't be appearing in any professionally produced articles these days. But they're in nearly every single article on Phoronix.
            Still better than articles being spat out by an LLM

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post
              Still better than articles being spat out by an LLM
              Famous last words before the singularity kills us all

Comment

Working...
              X