Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Fix Incoming For Intel Fallout After The Kernel Disabled Buggy AMD fTPM RNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Fix Incoming For Intel Fallout After The Kernel Disabled Buggy AMD fTPM RNG

Phoronix: Linux Fix Incoming For Intel Fallout After The Kernel Disabled Buggy AMD fTPM RNG

The decision last month for the Linux kernel to disable random number gemeration (RNG) for all AMD fTPMs ended up having some unintended consequences on Intel systems that ended up breaking S3 suspend behavior...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Odd breaks and fixes remind of spacebar heating.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      The decision last month for the Linux kernel to disable random number gemeration

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Typo:

Thanks, fixed.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael

Typo

"for hte Linux 6.6 merge window"

Comment

Hey typos tell us these aren’t LLM-generated articles nor LLM-edited

Comment

So the Intel fTPM hangs(?) when queried about version?

So basically what the patch is saying is that all fTPM implementations seem to be buggy shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikr1848 View Post
                Hey typos tell us these aren’t LLM-generated articles nor LLM-edited
                Philosophically, it tells me that Michael is just like the rest of us old guys who are passionate about their setup because he's set in stone with his ancient idea of a good workflow. I know his workflow is ancient because the damn-near prehistoric red squiggly autocorrect line would alert him to the majority of typos on Phoronix.

tablet-5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Philosophically, it tells me that Michael is just like the rest of us old guys who are passionate about their setup because he's set in stone with his ancient idea of a good workflow. I know his workflow is ancient because the damn-near prehistoric red squiggly autocorrect line would alert him to the majority of typos on Phoronix.

tablet-5.jpg
                  Been biting my tongue for the past few years over this. Spell check has been around for over a decade. Typos and misspellings shouldn't be appearing in any professionally produced articles these days. But they're in nearly every single article on Phoronix.

Comment

Michael doesn't sleep to pay his bills

Red squiggly lines are nearly invisible to sleep-deprivated basement dwellers

Comment

Working...
                    X