Linux 6.4.10 & LTS Kernels Updated With AMD Zen 1 Divide By Zero Bug-Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.4.10 & LTS Kernels Updated With AMD Zen 1 Divide By Zero Bug-Fix

Phoronix: Linux 6.4.10 & LTS Kernels Updated With AMD Zen 1 Divide By Zero Bug-Fix

Following the new Linux stable kernels this week to quickly mitigate the Intel Downfall and AMD Inception vulnerabilities, today brings another set of stable point releases. Among the fixes to be picked up since Tuesday is the other AMD fix for the week of a Zen 1 bug that could leak data following a divide by zero operation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Glad they fixed it so divide by zero doesn't cause more bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
      Glad they fixed it so divide by zero doesn't cause more bugs.
      It was not a bug, I was using Zen 1 because of division by zero feature. How am I supposed to do divisions by zero now? T-T

Comment

Can we go a month without a new security disclosure? I know bugs happen and I’m glad that they’re getting fixed, but this is kind of ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by cassiofb-dev View Post

It was not a bug, I was using Zen 1 because of division by zero feature. How am I supposed to do divisions by zero now? T-T
          Did they just break your user space?

Comment

Equals infinity.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
              Equals infinity.
              Erm…
              no.

Comment

Originally posted by Radtraveller View Post

Erm…
                no.
                It's a joke pertaining to a popularly held mathematical calculation. Just had to say it lol. No one else seems to be getting it. I am not trying to be a smart ass I just think it's peculiar and funny considering the title of the post.
                Last edited by creative; 12 August 2023, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I installed Debian 12 x64. New kernel is 6.1.0-11. I want install this new kernel 6.4.10. Is this kernel also for 64 bit system? I installed bio 6.4.9 and had to turn off Secure Boot in the BIOS. After installation, Debian recognizes my USB, but does not open the USB stick. Opens phone, TV Box, ADB, works Scrcpy and everything related to USB except USB stick.

I'm new to Linux and maybe I made a mistake somewhere during the installation. Any advice on how to safely install this kernel? Sory for my English.

Thank you in advance. Greetings.

Comment

I installed version 6.4.10 and it working OK.

Comment

Working...
                    X