Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Unveils The Ryzen 9 7945HX3D For Laptops With 3D V-Cache

Phoronix: AMD Unveils The Ryzen 9 7945HX3D For Laptops With 3D V-Cache

AMD lifted the embargo this evening on the Ryzen 9 7945HX3D, their first mobile processor sporting 3D V-Cache technology for boosting gaming performance and other cache-happy workloads...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too bad we will never see this CPU combined with the RX 7600M XT. It would be so nice to see a fully top of the line AMD laptop.

Comment

Grumble grumble, gnash gnash. Another good CPU with generous cache, and a very low-end GPU. Paired with a top-end 780m chiplet and desktop memory, it would make an excellent mini-pc chip. If I were to pile on the wishlist, double the memory channels would be a nice bonus as well.

Comment

Be nice to have a proper workstation class laptop with this beast.

Comment

Another useless laptop with a garbage novidio gpu with non-working drivers and not enough USB ports or video ports.

Comment

Yeah, well, the longer I use it, the less good things I have to say about my all-AMD Asus G513Y laptop. All-AMD is not a panacea.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
              Yeah, well, the longer I use it, the less good things I have to say about my all-AMD Asus G513Y laptop. All-AMD is not a panacea.
              No real complaints about my Thinkpad x395 after all these years. I just wish it had been available with more than 16GB RAM.

Most laptops are crap unfortunately. I consider all-AMD a requirement, but it leaves the laptop vendor a lot of room to still screw up.

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post

No real complaints about my Thinkpad x395 after all these years. I just wish it had been available with more than 16GB RAM.

Most laptops are crap unfortunately. I consider all-AMD a requirement, but it leaves the laptop vendor a lot of room to still screw up.
                I feel like it's Asus more than AMD at fault, really.

I've also got a 6900HX in a Vivobook and while I love the screen, keyboard and CPU, it does do some really weird stuff. Sometimes it'll cold boot in ~8 seconds, other times it'll apparently do nothing for about a minute before deigning to give me the POST logo.

Comment

Hopefully this thing comes with a 4k screen and AMD GPU! I'd buy it!

Comment

CPU is fine but what I ask is - laptops other hardware (including bios/uefi, sensors, etc) support for Linux - Asus tries to make noise but so far? Still a toy maker from Linux perspective.

Comment

Working...
                    X