Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 7040 Series Shows Great AVX-512 Performance For Laptops / Mobile / Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder View Post
    More Insights
    Following up on the post where I found AVX-512 benefited Intel's Ice Lake and Tiger Lake more than Phoenix, if you exclude the OpenVINO fp16 benchmarks, here are some other points of interest.

I computed GeoMean for each benchmark program, to see where AVX-512 helped the most/least.
    That table looks a little strange. Previously leaving out OpenVINO made the GeoMean to swing from AMD side to Intel, but this looks like Intel is stronger on that benchmark so how could that be true. Am I reading this somehow wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
      That table looks a little strange. Previously leaving out OpenVINO made the GeoMean to swing from AMD side to Intel,
      This table shows the subscores, but it's based on the exact same data I used to recompute the overall GeoMeans.

I didn't omit all OpenVINO benchmarks, just the fp16 ones. Those gave zero speedup on the Intel CPUs but a > 2x speedup on Phoenix. Since this was simply due to the presence or absence of a few instructions, it doesn't really tell us how the overall implementation compares, and that's what I wanted to see. That was my rationale for omitting them from my recomputed scores.

this looks like Intel is stronger on that benchmark so how could that be true.
      So, you're right that Intel gained a bigger overall speed up on the remainder of OpenVINO tests than Phoenix did. Since the core counts differ, we can't necessarily infer it to mean that Phoenix' AVX-512 implementation is that much worse. It could be that Phoenix simply gains less benefit due to being more memory-bottlenecked, with twice as many cores to feed.
      Last edited by coder; 16 July 2023, 03:03 AM.

Comment

I missed that you included only some OpenVINO bechmarks, not all of them. That explains it, thanks!

(It was mentioned even in the part I quoted, but I still didn't see it. )
        Last edited by Tomin; 16 July 2023, 07:22 AM. Reason: only included -> included only

Comment

I missed that you only included some OpenVINO bechmarks, not all of them. That explains it, thanks!

(It was mentioned even in the part I quoted, but I still didn't see it. )
          Uhhh page 5? There are OpenVINO benchmarks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Uhhh page 5? There are OpenVINO benchmarks.
            This was a reply to coder. They had done some calculations of the results in a previous comment.

Comment

Working...
            X