AMD Begins Sending "Family 26" Linux Patches For Apparent Zen 5 CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    What a bizarre and ill-informed conclusion to draw.
    Any arguments?
    Do you know about workers conditions that build our products, planned obsolescence, cartels and monopolies? Someone getting super rich only is possible if many others get poor, how can that be good for the consumer who in most cases is on the poor side?

In this case capitalism is holding AMD back from selling us new threadrippers and a few years earlier Intel from selling us more than quad core CPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by dekernel View Post
      And me sitting here with an AMD A12-9800 setup...I'm so antiquated these days.
      I see your A12-9800 and raise (lower?) you an A10-9700. I wanted an A12 at the time but they were out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
        i'm disappointed that amd abandoned threadripper. I just want a few more pcie lanes and true ecc support, but this product wasn't meant to be.
        Oh? Noctua is releasing a new cooler for Ryzen 7000 Threadripper series in September.

Comment

i know something is coming maybe, just seems like an afterthought. zen5 is going to be knocking on it's door before the channel has decent motherboards out for it.

Comment

Personally I suspect Zen 5 will not be the same jump as Zen 4 was vs. Zen 3, though I am open to being wrong. In any case, if you want 64 cores and eight channels, are you going to settle for a Zen 5 8950X? It's a different league, though certainly the space has narrowed.

Comment

Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post

I see your A12-9800 and raise (lower?) you an A10-9700. I wanted an A12 at the time but they were out of stock.
              Laughs in Athlon x4 845

At least, it was being used in my HTPC until earlier this year when I switched it out for a 11400. Still will be used though, got a mate who wants to get back into PC gaming on a budget so I'm going to find a cheap used GPU and give it to him.

Comment

Working...
              X