AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme: Windows vs. Linux CPU Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Unfortunately crowdfunding wouldn't be too practical at least not without planning well in advance.... For maximizing traffic need to be very timely in new hardware coverage, especially in attracting some Windows audience and others. If crowdfunding post-launch eventually there will be small user reviews after the fact from folks and what not. So would rather need to plan in advance of launches for crowdfunding...
    Like for example I did buy a Ryzen 7 7840U laptop the other day... Was waiting for some interesting 7040 series laptop with AMD integrated graphics (compared to all the models so far commonly with NVIDIA graphics...) and t hen when seeing one last week was available that fit my hardware desires for testing, I ended up ordering it right away as it had the Ryzen 7 7840U and I've seen little (any?) benchmarks of the Ryzen 7 7840U under Windows even. So ordered it right away to hopefully be among the first with Ryzen 7 7840U benchmarks in general to help maximize traffic/interest. And then will work on many articles to help recoup the costs... Crowdfunding that in advance would be more difficult in not even knowing the laptop or price in advance.
    well... right. but you only need do stuff like this: "hopefully be among the first with Ryzen 7 7840U benchmarks in general to help maximize traffic/interest. And then will work on many articles to help recoup the costs"
    because you do not have Crowdfunding...

i agree that this is difficult: "plan in advance of launches for crowdfunding"

but i also think this is still a market: "crowdfunding post-launch eventually there will be small user reviews"

I honestly like the post-launch articles the most because they are much better in painting a pictures of the hardware than all the articles on release day.

yes i know i am a minority but quality needs time and have an article on launch day plain and simple is not quality.

i know this does not look like a market you want if i read your text correctly but crowdfuning your articles in this market would also eliminate the need to make all the money with the article themself like you painted the picture.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Well, if it were a test platform written in rust, this would sure draw in readers.

Comment

Certainly what is most important in a handheld device like this is the battery life.
        In terms of performance, perhaps it is interesting to compare what happens with Windows vs. Linux performance at 10 TDP, for which the battery should last around 2 hours. I have done some not-so-scientific tests, like running the same benchmark on both platforms and comparing the % battery left after the benchmark is finished, provided the benchmark is long enough.
        But anyway, in handheld, the performance starts to matter less except when it's a very low wattage performance, and the battery life starts mattering much more.

Comment

Win11 just a terrible choice for a handheld. I hope these handheld manufactures wake up and at very least spin up their own flavour of SteamOS, just fork it or the similar ones.

The ONLY thing I notice could be a slight issue is lack of trackpad feature which is really easy to add, but perhaps they think touchscreen is good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BHZeto View Post
            Certainly what is most important in a handheld device like this is the battery life.
            I can imagine buying thus to be used docked most of the time, but able to be picked up and played in another room easily.

Comment

Working...
            X