No announcement yet.

AMD Uses AI Day To Launch Genoa-X & Bergamo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone starting at Win95 thinks its old...
    Started with PMD-85-3 with whooping 8 KiB memory...
    Well there were the tube computers before but i dont think those could be owned by normal person.

Comment

Originally posted by dragorth View Post

Oh the young ones. My first PC ran Win95 with 8MB of memory, so this thing has 100x+ the cache as that system has total system memory.

There are folks on here that remember the first Amiga or Mac that had 256k or less total system memory.

The real kicker is you can fit a whole win2000 or xp pre sp1 vm inside the cache of this thing. That is just insane.
      LOL well technically my first PC was a 486 laptop... cant remember how much memory it had, but I do remember installing the Windows 95 upgrade from 13 floppy disks as it had no cdrom drive.

There was also an IBM Aptiva in there somewhere... the first PC I built from scratch was the dual P3... spent all my money on the CPU/RAM/MB combo... then had no money for anything close to a decent GPU... learned a hard lesson that even back then always weight your computer budget towards the GPU :P

Comment

Oh!!! cannot wait for phoronix to get his hands on these - have you asked AMD yet for some samples? - then share results of as-always-thorough performance tests.
        many! thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lejeczek View Post
          Oh!!! cannot wait for phoronix to get his hands on these - have you asked AMD yet for some samples? - then share results of as-always-thorough performance tests.
          many! thanks.
          There will be benchmarks on Phoronix.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
          X