AMD Announces Ryzen PRO 7000 Series Laptop & Desktop CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samuelec View Post
    I wonder if there's a real performance difference between 7840u and 7840hs .
    If not I would go for the U version with its 15wh the battery would last very long time
    The main question here is if laptop cooling will allow sustained high clocks under load. Ultrabooks usually show high performance only in short bursts.
    Some time ago I had Lenovo X1C7 with i7-8650U and old HP EliteBook 8770w both 4-core with HT, on the paper X1 should have had equal or even better performance, in reality it was unable to keep up with old workstation laptop, for my workloads at least.

Comment

As I understand we can expect Lenovo t14/t14s and z13 will be available for the order next month(July)? What will be the price difference for 13th gen Intel/AMD Phoenix with the same specs?

PS
      Pretty interested in 7840U on t14s with 32GB and OLED screen with Intel WiFi if it's possible.
      Last edited by Shtirlic; 14 June 2023, 02:01 AM.

Comment

The last thing I want is my CPU linked to the cloud...

Comment

The Ryzen PRO 7000 series is also said to be more power efficient than the previous generation, with up to 20% lower power consumption. Overall, the Ryzen PRO 7000 series is getting a lot of positive feedback from people. Read review here betandreas-azerbaycan
          Last edited by allone; 07 September 2023, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mechanyx View Post

I have an HP Dragonfly Pro with a Ryzen 7736U.
            So how do you like it? Is performance good compared to say i7-1360P? Does it throttle much?

Comment

Originally posted by danger View Post

So how do you like it? Is performance good compared to say i7-1360P? Does it throttle much?
              I just got it so don't have a ton of hours on it but I haven't had any throttling. It seems to run very cool. Only I/O is 3 USB C ports but I have USB C to HDMI, ethernet and 3.5mm audio adapters. Has a few weird HP keys that I haven't been able to remap as I haven't been able to detect any key codes by any means I've tried. It's like Linux doesn't even see the keys. Biggest issue right now is I haven't been able to get audio out of the speakers even on the current 6.4 RC so have to do audio playback either via my 3.5mm adapter or via Bluetooth. I'm happy so far though. It's way faster than my Lenovo with a i5-10210U.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
                I've got a Lenovo T16 with a 6850U PRO processor and the MS Pluton thing doesn't get in the way.

On the very plus side of things, the laptop DOES work with fwupd so I don't have to swap out my SSD and boot MS to do BIOS updates, unlike my HP desktop. My experience owning it has been very positive, I did a "Build your own" on the Lenovo site and the whole experience has been very positive.
                As far as I am concerned Lenovo is really the way to go. When it comes to PC laptops, well we are really talking about sort of the legacy of IBM but that's besides the point cause too many other factors are involved. I just find it interesting what used to be IBM makes the best laptops. I am sure plenty swear by Macbooks for laptops, for me not a chance in hell, I despise apple.

Lenovo makes the best laptops. Not Dell, Asus, etc.
                Last edited by creative; 15 June 2023, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X