No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly good results. Too bad it's priced more like a 7800X because the 7700 non-X is likely to be over $300, which is still pretty steep considering how expensive the rest of the platform is.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Might sound like off topic nitpicking, but I think it's important to be clear (to fight back against Russian disinformation campaigns). Russian manipulation of the energy market is in fact NOT a response to either sanctions or aid to Ukraine which should be obvious when you think about the fact that the Kremlin started manipulating the energy market at least six months prior to the February 2022 invasion. Hence it was a unilateral aggression committed by the Kremlin to destabilize the EU.
      Your article was written a month before the invasion amidst the political tensions surrounding it and it itself says: “I would note that today’s low Russian gas flows to Europe coincide with heightened geopolitical tensions over Ukraine.”

I you want to spew some propaganda, at least make sure to read and recheck what exactly you are reposting.

Comment

Do some more nitpicking and people's veins on their foreheads will explode like a Nord Stream gas pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post

Your article was written a month before the invasion amidst the political tensions surrounding it and it itself says: “I would note that today’s low Russian gas flows to Europe coincide with heightened geopolitical tensions over Ukraine.”

I you want to spew some propaganda, at least make sure to read and recheck what exactly you are reposting.
          I remember well when the first signs started showing, and I remember the satellite images of Russian troops preparing an invasion already summer 2021. The article is just what I could find from my browsing history right now to prove that I'm not just making stuff up. The fact that it is from 13 dec 2021 does not in any way prove that my statement was wrong. Of course the energy market manipulation had been going on for quite a while at the time that specific article was written.

People already rightfully complained about going off topic and I was going to leave it at the one post, but then comes the useful idiot that tries to completely derail both the thread and the factual recollection of recent history by making these false accusations. I can clearly see you are working according to the same playbook as the Kremlin. This is my last post on this subject matter and if you make a similar useless reply again then I will simply report you. Don't expect us to engage further with such non-sense.

Comment

in germany the 12900k is at 629€ and the price for the 7700x is at 466€

Produktvergleich für AMD Ryzen 7 7700X, 8C/16T, 4.50-5.40GHz, boxed ohne Kühler (100-100000591WOF), Intel Core i9-12900K, 8C+8c/24T, 3.20-5.20GHz, tray (CM8071504549230)

my interpretation is this: AMD force intel to lower the 629€ price to something like 480€...

thats a 149€ win for the customers.

go go go AMD... its nice to see that AMD force intel to lower prices.
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I'm hearing Intel is doing allot better with their 13th gen, but with TDP's up to 250W

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                When is AMD going to add more cores? I think the 700X always had 8 cores. Isn't it time to switch to 10/12?
                AMD is expected to increase core counts with Zen 5 "Granite Ridge" desktop CPUs.

The current lineup is a consequence of sticking with the 8-core chiplet. Yields have been high the entire time, so they don't need to disable too many cores. They don't want to make quad-cores with 1 chiplet or 10-cores with 2 chiplets, although they have done both by now (the 3300X and 5900E).

They can increase the cores per chiplet. There might be technical reasons for not putting more than 8 cores in a single CCX. 10-12 would lead to higher core counts immediately but there could be latency issues or other problems. They could go back to having multiple CCXs (Zen 2 chiplets used two 4-core CCXs), which seems to be the case with Zen 4C. Zen 4C has 16 cores, presumably in two CCXs. I don't think they will regress to 4-6 cores per CCX (other than reusing Zen 2) because it could hurt the performance of games that use 8 cores.

They can increase the number of chiplets. AMD loves to sell consumers just a single core chiplet, so you get a 6-core as the "budget" option. Competition from Intel will force them to do more.

They can mix chiplets. One of the rumors for Zen 5 desktop suggests an 8-core Zen 5 chiplet would be paired with a 16-core Zen 4C chiplet. The Zen 4C chiplet can be on a cheaper node than the Zen 5 chiplet. Maybe they continue to sell 6-8 cores, but make them cheaper Ryzen 3s, and then jump to 18 cores with a 6+12 config. And then 24 or 32 total cores at the top depending on the number of chiplets. You can come up with some weird core counts this way, and how 3D cache would factor in is beyond me.
                Last edited by jaxa; 30 September 2022, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                  Worth pointing out that in Europe AMD has abandoned the usual 1USD-1EUR conversion in MSRP and that the European MSRP on the 7700X is 480€. Clearly for the understandable reason of the euro taking a big hit due to Russia's energy war in response to sanctions and aid to Ukraine, but still quite annoying for someone like me who plans to buy one and who also happens to be something of a miser.
                  Prices in EUR were always more expensive than the US one (just check amazon.com prices vs amazon.de), even if you don't account for conversion, because EU has this thing called VAT on every product, which is quite insanely high as well.

(480/399 = +20% more, and VAT (tax) is around there, with EUR around same price as USD now, what a coincidence right?)

Garbage in, garbage out. People complain of corruption in the US government but they have no idea how garbage the rest of the world is.
                  Last edited by Weasel; 30 September 2022, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                    Prices in EUR were always more expensive than the US one (just check amazon.com prices vs amazon.de), even if you don't account for conversion, because EU has this thing called VAT on every product, which is quite insanely high as well.

(480/399 = +20% more, and VAT (tax) is around there, with EUR around same price as USD now, what a coincidence right?)

Garbage in, garbage out. People complain of corruption in the US government but they have no idea how garbage the rest of the world is.
                    Fuck off you ignorant troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                      I, and everyone who pays attention to this stuff, know full well that the reason for this was that U.S prices don't include VAT or sales tax. That's due to it varying wildly not just across the U.S because it's set and collected on a county level (so not even state) and hence you can have something like 15% in one place, jump in a car, drive 30 minutes and buy the same damn thing with no sales tax without even crossing a state line.

Comment

Working...
                      X