X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loganj
    replied
    Originally posted by svenh View Post
    Sometimes, if a new feature enters the kernel, the usage of the feature is changed (or improved) during the next releases. This is the case here, too. Just adding amd_pstate=passive to the boot parameter worked for my 6.1 kernel. For example in Ubuntu, this can be achieved by changing the variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub .
    thank you. i had no clue that they change the way to make it work. i've tried everything and thought that my laptop does not support it. but now with your help it finally works

Leave a comment:

• svenh
    replied
    Sometimes, if a new feature enters the kernel, the usage of the feature is changed (or improved) during the next releases. This is the case here, too. Just adding amd_pstate=passive to the boot parameter worked for my 6.1 kernel. For example in Ubuntu, this can be achieved by changing the variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub .
    Last edited by svenh; 13 February 2023, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shanedav4
    replied
    None of the commands in this article work anymore with Kernel 6.1-6.2rc7. The module isn't even there and yes it was enabled at compile time.

Leave a comment:

• Desti
    replied
    B450M-A option is activated in BIOS, but not reported by kernel. I wonder if this requiriere UEFI boot like resizeBAR.

Leave a comment:

• svenh
    replied
    Originally posted by Desti View Post
    Has anyone got ACPI CPPC enabled on ASUS PRIME?
    There are so many boards of this name. Asus PRIME B650-PLUS with BIOS 0805 and 0809 enables CPPC by default.​

Leave a comment:

• Desti
    replied
    Has anyone got ACPI CPPC enabled on ASUS PRIME?

Leave a comment:

• V1tol
    replied
    Originally posted by sdack View Post
    Linux kernel 5.18.11 has broken the amd_pstate driver
    It was fixed in 5.18.13.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    Linux kernel 5.18.11 has broken the amd_pstate driver, or the method described here no longer applies, and it no longer works. Either way 5.18.10 is still working as expected.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When using Ryzen Master on Windows with a 2700X, it tells me the fastest CPU core which I believe is simlar to how CPPC works? I hear CPPC starts at Zen 2, but how is Ryzen Master doing what it does on Zen+?

Leave a comment:

• ruffnekk
    replied
    Originally posted by Guaradj View Post
    Tested with fedora 36 and AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, needed steps:
    Code:
    sudo grubby --args=initcall_blacklist=acpi_cpufreq_init --update-kernel=ALL
    sudo grubby --args=amd_pstate.shared_mem=1 --update-kernel=ALL

➜ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_driver
    amd-pstate
    What do I have to do to revert that?

I tested it on Fedora 35, it worked, but I haven't found any advantages using it right now...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X