Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
    100 - 15% == 85
    85 + 15% != 100 (it's more like 17.64% to get back to 100)
    So no, don't expect it to reach the same as 12900K based on 5800X3D being 15% faster than 5800X.
    ok. but they can beat the 11900KF for sure. and they will be cheaper for sure.

even if you don't get exactly the same perfromance as the 12900K many people will be happy to get similar performance if they can save 130€
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
      Unfortunately I'm done with the gaming scene. When retailer are now SCALPERS raising the prices to 3 times MSRP forget it.
      All you need for gaming now is a Rembrandt 8-core.

Actually, I'll be looking at Phoenix or Strix Point with no discrete. By that point DDR5 should be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurphy View Post
        I bet they can mine something else.
        Its noway near as profitable and/or reliable

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          I'm not, since I'm not filthy rich as most people in the world are. Don't have a single TB device, never had a single computer/laptop with TB ports.
          You build a new platform for the devices of the future, more so than the past.

Do you have a monitor with a DisplayPort connector? Thunderbolt seems likely to displace this connector, due to integrating DisplayPort and merging with USB4. Also, as you noted, Intel seems to have figured out that the royalty situation was probably limiting adoption.

I'm excited, because it should mean eGPUs are more common and better-supported. And I happen to have a use for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
            I think AMD just knows the market is so screwed up that they can do ass-backwards things like these and still make a profit.
            What if the fact that it has only 4 GB is specifically to make it less attractive to miners, in order to keep the price down and availability up?

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
              the upgrade from 5800X to the Ryzen 7 5800X3d will be very interesting

Based on 195,071 user benchmarks for the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X and the Intel Core i9-12900K, we rank them both on effective speed and value for money against the best 1,442 CPUs.

according to userbenchmark the 12900K is 15% faster than the 5800X

Based on 145,858 user benchmarks for the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X and the Intel Core i9-11900KF, we rank them both on effective speed and value for money against the best 1,442 CPUs.

the 11900KF is 5% faster than the 5800X

if the 5800X3d is 15% faster it will beat the 11900KF and it will be at the same gaming speed as the 12900K...

this means this will be very good for the gamers. I think AMD will sell it for like ~420€

this will bring big pressure to intel

intel sells the 11900KF for like 470€ and the 12900F for like 550€...

this means the gamers can save 130€ on the AMD option at the same performance
              AMD stated that the 5800X3D is ~15% faster than the 5900X !
              And even some precent faster then 12900K.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post

What are you on about? USB4 is provided directly by the SOC... there are no support chips.

AMD is providing 40Gbit support directly from the SoC
                How do you know that amd implements all parts of USB4 (mandatory AND optional) ? DO you have some insight knowledge?

If you have only the mandatory parts of USB4 you can call it USB4, and judging from the past,
                that is what most are going to do (marketing doesn't care about the optional parts).
                If I see TB4 i _know_ that it has everything, AND that someone actually makes sure it's spec compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

100 - 15% == 85
                  85 + 15% != 100 (it's more like 17.64% to get back to 100)

So no, don't expect it to reach the same as 12900K based on 5800X3D being 15% faster than 5800X.
                  AMD had a slide comparing the two in games and showed the 5800X3D chip edging a bit faster, depending on how much you trust a slide that AMD's marketing team put together.

That said, I'm not a big believer in this chip. No price announcements today, and no launch date other than "spring" which could be.... June?

At this point gamers are probably better off buying a 12600 now, or just waiting until November for the Zen 4 release which I do think will be much more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxa View Post

All you need for gaming now is a Rembrandt 8-core.

Actually, I'll be looking at Phoenix or Strix Point with no discrete. By that point DDR5 should be cheaper.
                    Yeah, I like the idea of the APUs. I've never been a cutting edge gamer. I'm a solo RPG player mostly when I can unwind and not have to address a leaking toilet or a flat tire when I get off work. So a descent APU would work fine for me. My current PC is a AMD FX-8350 with a RX 580 graphics card. I've hung on to it for so long because it does most things pretty well. Where it is obviously too slow is the realm of 4k video editing. That requires an upgrade.

Comment

According to Asrock, RX 6500 XT doesn't even have pci-e x8 like RX 6600 series, but pci-e x4. It just can't get any worse, can it?
                      When even pci-e x8 may cause up to 25% performance loss on pci 3.0 in some games, I can't imagine how much performance loss pci-e x4 will cause under pci 3.0.
                      Not only the RTX 3050 is better in every way, interestingly, its die size is at least 80% bigger, while it's only 25% more expensive. This unjustifies the cheaping out of the 6500 XT components even more.
                      Last edited by user1; 05 January 2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X