Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kgardas View Post
    I'd forgotten about that. Thanks!

That said, if adoption of AMX is anything like adoption of AVX-512, it will be next to irrelevant for at least five years.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
      I'd forgotten about that. Thanks!

That said, if adoption of AMX is anything like adoption of AVX-512, it will be next to irrelevant for at least five years.
      Yes, it's server thing for now (or 2022) and just a beginning of a new era. I consider that like AVX was added to the SB. Also a new thing which evolves up to AVX-512 with a lot of submembers of the family. AMX will probably be the same. Also the original text is about future Epyc so let's compare with future Intel too. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Sounds like EPYC is seriously competition to Xeon.

I hope to see AMD present a new Ryzen to counter Intel's 12th generation "Alder Lake". Alder Lake is nice, but it is very power hungry.
        An understatement, George Foreman is doing the advertisements, carries a punch and cooks your steak.

george.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

An understatement, George Foreman is doing the advertisements, carries a punch and cooks your steak.

george.jpg
          who knew that intel could predict their future company slogan "stayin alive": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnEuWfFTuxg

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Sounds like EPYC is seriously competition to Xeon.

I hope to see AMD present a new Ryzen to counter Intel's 12th generation "Alder Lake". Alder Lake is nice, but it is very power hungry.
            We're getting "Zen3+3Dcache" in Q1 2022 (The last hurrah for AM4), and Zen 4 on AM5 in Q3/4 2022.

Comment

AVX512 isn't a threat to what AMD is doing. Remember, you have to actually design software to take advantage of it, and not all applications can. If the software you depend on doesn't use it (or use it well), all it does is immensely increase the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

george.jpg
                I love George "Big George" Foreman! 🥊
                What an amazing athlete, what incredible power, he hits like a truck!
                And what a class act, gentleman, so humble and great! 🖤

Comment

Guest As I understand it, Zen4c is not a different microarchitecture like Intel's E core. Instead it's the same core as regular Zen4, but synthesized with high-density library/for lower frequency target, and maybe re-tuned cache system.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacefish View Post
                    I further think we are entering an era where I/O bandwidth between the storage and the CPU/Compute systems starts to be the bottleneck for some tasks and not the storage system itself.
                    Nah, 400 Gbit network interfaces and PCIe 5.0 are not going to present a bottleneck any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X