X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perpetually high
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Been debating whether to buy a DDR4 Z690 board but as of writing haven't yet done so, will take a look again at what's available...
    Thought it was really cool that Intel hooked you up with samples, as they should (as it's ultimately in their best interest, not so much that they're doing anyone favors). I hope AMD *seriously* considers sending you the samples time and saving you hard-earned money.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Oppenheimer View Post
    Any plans to test DDR4 vs DDR5? Anandtech found some none-trival differences for some MT-heavy benchmarks (yCruncher was 30% faster) so it would be useful to see how true it is in general for linux workloads.
    Been debating whether to buy a DDR4 Z690 board but as of writing haven't yet done so, will take a look again at what's available...

Leave a comment:

• Oppenheimer
    replied
    Any plans to test DDR4 vs DDR5? Anandtech found some none-trival differences for some MT-heavy benchmarks (yCruncher was 30% faster) so it would be useful to see how true it is in general for linux workloads.

Leave a comment:

• jaxa
    replied
    Originally posted by mangeek View Post
    I really hope Intel releases some e-core only hardware, call it an 'i2' or something. For low-end laptops, SBCs, and set top boxes. If the GPU has enough EUs, it'll be great for everyday use.
    E-cores are Atom cores, so you've already got that. It's called Jasper Lake and Elkhart Lake.

I'm hoping they DON'T do what you're suggesting, and instead put the M5 and U9 mobile dies with 1 or 2 P-cores and 4 or 8 E-cores into low-end laptops, SBCs, and set top boxes. That's where hybrid x86 can shine, boosting single-thread performance over the Atom-only chips while keeping the TDPs low.

Leave a comment:

• mangeek
    replied
    I'm curious about benchmarks from ONLY the performance cores vs only the efficiency cores. If they're enumerated in a sensible way, can they be benched with affinity cgroups or something?

I really hope Intel releases some e-core only hardware, call it an 'i2' or something. For low-end laptops, SBCs, and set top boxes. If the GPU has enough EUs, it'll be great for everyday use.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Michael, can you benchmark the integrated Intel Xe GPU performance and compare it against earlier generations, the integrated graphics in AMD Ryzen, and against dedicated graphics cards.

Leave a comment:

• cyring
    replied
    Thanks for these.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by cyring View Post
    What about the kernel boot log
    Go to any of the individual benchmarks > At least for my uploads I opt to include system logs > e.g. https://openbenchmarking.org/system/...-MEMORYDDR24/A

Leave a comment:

• cyring
    replied
    What about the kernel boot log

Leave a comment:

• More Linux Performance Benchmark Data For Alder Lake, Comparison Data Points

Phoronix: More Linux Performance Benchmark Data For Alder Lake, Comparison Data Points

With the embargo lifted following this morning's Intel Core i5 12600K + Core i9 12900K Linux review, I've begun uploading more public test data to OpenBenchmarking.org and making my earlier test results public. With that and initial data flowing in from others in the community, here is some more data to poke through if interested in Alder Lake on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X