Alibaba Reports Their XT910 RISC-V Core To Be Faster Than An Arm Cortex-A73

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
    Even if you are living in Germany: You can't escape the influence of China!
    But the influence, and domination of US, can we escape in Germany? I am very curious what would have happened, if US tried to kill Siemens, because of "National Security Concerns".

Another question is: How does the use of huawei in brazil affect the national security in usa [And offering Brazil 1 Billion in exchange]?

Yes, Huawei and China are a national security concern, but not because of backdoors, but because china is on the fast track to overrun usa in many domains, and if you are not anymore the dominant state anymore, not having on top of it the best technologies, having less working people, maybe losing also the dollar as the main currency of the exchange world wide...... yes under such circumstances you can profit and cash out not so well anymore. From an economic point of view, usa is behaving logically, but not by the rule, since they are part of WTO, and the laws of trade should be respected by all players. China is benefiting from the world trade, maybe the most, but because of merit, I suspect, since this is a free market, and we are not forced to buy from china. If you search youtube, you will find that some little and poor country in Africa, tried to forbid the import of chicken meat, because it was destroying their market with very cheap and bad quality chicken meat. And the big Western Countries, didn't allow it, and threatened them with the exclusion from WTO. The little countries have to obey the rules, and big ones, seems to have more choice when and how to play by the rules, and when not. I would have nothing against the USA, if they would have been honest in this fight

The video you posted, is very subjective, and biased [yes, if needed I can bring up arguments, but I suspect you noticed that too].

If you check history, you will notice that not long ago german was the lingua fraca in technology, science and math, till the first/second world war, when the germans started to kill and hunt the intelligent people just because of being Jewish. And usa attracted the most productive minds..... then came a second wave when they attracted russian scientists etc. Also today usa is working hard on attracting the best minds, but it doesn't work so well anymore..... and china/huawei is also investing a lot in attracting global talent.
    My impression [without being deep thoughts on the subject] is that usa will lose this kind of war if they don't manage to make more states being against china. USA making so many efforts, indicates to me that the usa are not strong enough to fight alone against china.

I don't like to make such bad elaborated conclusion in public, but maybe you can also try to explain the previous question: How does the use of huawei in brazil affect the national security in usa.
    Let your fantasy flight high.

Comment

Originally posted by cipri View Post
      I am very curious what would have happened, if US tried to kill Siemens, because of "National Security Concerns".
      If the USA did that, I would loudly clap my hands. Siemens is not "a good guy". They relentlessly killed better companies all over Europe. (Remember the VW scandal? It was Siemens engineers that did it.)

Another question is: How does the use of huawei in brazil affect the national security in usa
      Well, the way you ask that it is almost a straw man question. We are talking about "Don't support china" not about "influence of huawei in xx country affects security concerns in USA". The original post is even about Alibaba ...

But to give you an answer anyway: It affects the USA in the same way Venezuela and Nicaragua and Cuba affect the security concerns of the USA. China was (and still is) meddling in all these countries. Brazil is the biggest trade partner of the USA in South America why should they not be concerned about it? The dam projects that china offers to latin america are not really a bargain if your read the fine print. It's the same with the huawai contract in Brazil.

From an economic point of view, usa is behaving logically, but not by the rule, since they are part of WTO, and the laws of trade should be respected by all players.
      ​​​​​​​
      You accuse USA of not adhering to the rules ????? Are you kidding me? First and foremost **CHINA** needs to stick to the rules. There are currently 15 new FBI investigations opened each week against China spying US companies. Just a reminder: this is the opposite of "following the rules". China is not playing according the rules in Latin America, it is not playing according the rules in Africa and it is not playing according the rules in the Pacific.

... when the germans started to kill and hunt the intelligent people just because of being Jewish...
      ​​​​​​​
      ... and it does not cross your mind what will happen to china as they are right now killing their best people?

The video you posted, is very subjective, and biased [yes, if needed I can bring up arguments, but I suspect you noticed that too].
      ​​​​​​​
      Well, I've posted links to four videos. You didn't watch them all. And you just dismiss them? To dismiss something because "it is subjective" shows a lack of interest in the dialog. A claim of "bias" should always be substantiated.

Your posts are even more biased and more subjective. Following your logic, I dismiss all and everything you've written.

Comment

You accuse USA of not adhering to the rules ????? Are you kidding me? First and foremost **CHINA** needs to stick to the rules. There are currently 15 new FBI investigations opened each week against China spying US companies. Just a reminder: this is the opposite of "following the rules". China is not playing according the rules in Latin America, it is not playing according the rules in Africa and it is not playing according the rules in the Pacific.

Stealing Trade Secrets Ethically is a good read lowflyer.

China companies stealing trade secrets from USA companies is really playing by the rules setup between USA to USA companies or what USA companies can do to china companies.

If you look closely at those new FBI investigations they were only open-able because they could prove it was not a USA company. Because if it was USA vs USA company they would have to drop the case due to precedent. Yes a few cases FBI has had to drop because it was a company a China company acquired but the thief happened while it was USA owned so was not prosecutable.

Latin America, Pacific and sections of Africa do have a valid case against china for not playing by the rules over trade secrets as they don't allow there own companies to-do the thief on each other. USA really has discrimination application of trade secret law.

China operating by the rules USA companies designed over trade secrets and being better at it has there nose out of joint. Yet the USA has not corrected their general laws over stealing trade secrets. You will find many USA law write-up detailing how to so called Ethically Steal Trade Secrets and the China companies have used these as valid play books on how to play the game.

This is a case where in USA like it or not China is sticking to the rules USA courts created. USA does not want to admit they need to change their own rules. Big problem is China has brought the USA rules to other countries as well. Yes USA companies have also being bring the USA idea that stealing can be ethical to other countries for a long time as well.

Comment

Interesting. You actually confirm that china *is* actively using these corrupt tacticts. And you seem to be ok with it. You even somehow blame the USA. You seem to even think that china using these tactics makes them better than USA. Your moral compass must be seriously out of tune! You seem to hang your flag after the wind.

Stealing is stealing and reamains stealing even if it is sanctioned by the law. And the USA has every right to block that wherever they can. That they run into problems with their own juridical system is normal and expected (and will be fixed) but does not change the fact that stealing remains stealing.

The document you presented is an example of sleazy slimy lawyer-language. It is usually left-wing fanatics that turn to language like this in order to sanction their dirty deeds. (remember Clintons "It depends on what the defintion of 'is' is").

So after this whole discussion here I've still got the impression that you must have received quite some money from the chinese communist party in order to do their dirty work on the ground here.

Comment

Interesting. You actually confirm that china *is* actively using these corrupt tacticts. And you seem to be ok with it. You even somehow blame the USA. You seem to even think that china using these tactics makes them better than USA. Your moral compass must be seriously out of tune! You seem to hang your flag after the wind.
            Please read again. USA and China are both using these corrupt tactics.

Stealing is stealing and reamains stealing even if it is sanctioned by the law. And the USA has every right to block that wherever they can. That they run into problems with their own juridical system is normal and expected (and will be fixed) but does not change the fact that stealing remains stealing.
            I agree that stealing remains stealing. It does not change the fact stealing trade secrets is sanctioned by USA law.

The document you presented is an example of sleazy slimy lawyer-language. It is usually left-wing fanatics that turn to language like this in order to sanction their dirty deeds.
            Except there is one problem that document is from a USA right wing legal firm. Be they left or right wing fanatics their legal firms are sleazy slimy in the USA.

So after this whole discussion here I've still got the impression that you must have received quite some money from the chinese communist party in order to do their dirty work on the ground here.
            Not at all. Did you not read that I said there are countries that have the right to be upset with China actions just not the USA. USA really need to clean up their laws properly if they want to get upset with China. Yes USA has got into trade deals that if their companies steal from countries the USA had done deals with it has to be prosecuted in USA courts who have precedents for so called Ethical stealing. USA would be a lot better to countries around the world if their laws got rid of this idea of Ethical stealing.

lowflyer you said china needs to stick to the rules. You did not consider that the USA rules over trade secrets says stealing is fine as long as the secret does not effect national security and what is national security is up for debate in the courts. So China in the USA has been playing by the USA rules. The USA rules are crap.

Now if you had said China needs to act more ethically in general that would have been correct.

USA set a really bad example for China. The horrible concept of ethical stealing in the USA goes back to the start of industrialisation in the USA where technology was basically stolen from Europe to get USA industrialisation going.

Comment

Is oiaohm a sock-puppet of cipri ??​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
              Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
              USA and China are both using these corrupt tactics.
              Pardon? USA using these tactics in China ???

I agree that stealing remains stealing. It does not change the fact stealing trade secrets is sanctioned by USA law.
              Do not take loopholes for "sanctioned by law". As I already said, loopholes will be plugged and people will go to jail for this.

Except there is one problem that document is from a USA right wing legal firm.
              Nope. The authors are from the University of Miami. The paper is published by "Maryland Law Review" a student organization of the University of Maryland. Anything but right-wing.

The horrible concept of ethical stealing in the USA goes back to the start of industrialisation in the USA where technology was basically stolen from Europe to get USA industrialisation going.
              Who told you this bloody bullshit? This is not knowledge, this is ideology.

Listen,
              My original statement was "Keep your fingers off of AliBaba. You should not trust Chinese companies." Remember? It's somewhere around post #20. But your only reply seems to be "...but the USA", "...but the USA", "...but the USA" which both of you repeated in literally every post since.

You made one point very clear:
              • You hate the USA to the bones!
              I beg your pardon, this has absolutely nothing to do with "don't trust Chinese companies". Well, you like china. Fine. You like Huawai. Fine too. Sorry that I stepped on your toes, but you should really not trust chinese companies. Everything that comes out of china does so with the sanction of the chinese communist party. This is the same party that killed at least 50 Million of their own people. It is the same party that is responsible for the Tianamen Square Massacre in 1989. And it is the same party that has right now their fingers in the cookie-jar in Hong Kong. I invite you to re-evaluate your views of china.

There is one thing that I really would like to entrust to you: Seriously re-calibrate your opinion on the USA. Visit that country. It's a great place with great people living there.

Comment

Is oiaohm a sock-puppet of cipri ??​​​​​​​
                Not at all.
                ​​​​​​​
                Pardon? USA using these tactics in China ???
                If you follow the mess back to the start. It starts with a USA company stealing ceramic tech from China and the USA courts sanctioning it. Also the USA historical stealing from the UK and USA courts again sanctioning it. This was all what USA classed as justified to get USA economy operating.

Do not take loopholes for "sanctioned by law". As I already said, loopholes will be plugged and people will go to jail for this.
                Problem the concept of ethical stealing in the USA law has not be plugged for almost 200years it well and truly over due to be plugged because its still legal.

Before getting upset with china the USA need to get its own house in order.

The authors are from the University of Miami. The paper is published by "Maryland Law Review" a student organization of the University of Maryland.
                They were students when they wrote that but you did not check what firms they end up and what cases they fort.

My original statement was "Keep your fingers off of AliBaba. You should not trust Chinese companies." Remember? It's somewhere around post #20. But your only reply seems to be "...but the USA", "...but the USA", "...but the USA" which both of you repeated in literally every post since.
                The reality is you don't want to admit something. We cannot trust USA companies either.
                USA set down the rules that hacking stuff to get the data that country wants is valid way of doing things. Cold war different technologies where stolen from Russia and China by the USA.

This is the horrible reality. China has taken the play book the USA has created and run with it. China have been way more effective at it.

USA will not be able to fix problem with China without admitting that particular things they did they should not have and that no one in future should do them.

Horrible concept right that China and USA are really like two brat kids who are stealing from each other. China is the kid that was first stolen from who has got more skilled at stealing that the the brat USA who does not want to admit that their stealing was wrong and started this mess. Yes USA kid needs to say sorry to the China kid for what they have done as part of the process to stop this mess. Of course the USA does not want to admit that the NSA and other parties of the USA did wrongs things that gave China the playbook they are using.

China government is not best but neither is the CIA or NSA of the USA.

lowflyer the problem is the USA has been doing for a long time you have the Former CIA Director Stansfield Turner in 1991, Former CIA Director James Woolsey in 2000 then 2014 Edward Snowden all saying USA is stealing IP from other countries. This is USA government department backed stealing. So it been fine for the USA to steal from everyone else now when china doing the same thing have the USA stop stealing to take the higher ground the answer is no.

Yes good read that china caught the CIA stealing intellectual prosperity from China in 2017. Since then China been upset the USA never said sorry. China is horrible doing tit for tat. USA government is being too stupid to see it or does not want to see it. The China version of tit for tat is really bad. You still 1 dollar china tat response is take back 10000. Please note this is China historic culture to hit bad that hard against theifs.

Basically you steal a little from china you should expect to be massively stolen from as punishment. Like it or not USA started this mess by stealing first without understanding China culture and what this was going trigger.

You said China should play by the rules. Problem USA did not learn the rules of China before messing with them and have set of something really bad and to stop it by the rules of China USA has to say sorry and change their future actions.

Other countries are getting mixed up in the mess USA started with China.

Comment

Not at all.

(uninterested stuff, cut out)
                  Again your response is just "... but the USA".

Comment

Again your response is just "... but the USA".
                    You said keep your fingers of alibaba have you ever used their business to business side. I would say no. Part of their business to business system is allowance for third party validation companies. So alibaba supplies item to third party validation company outside china if part is not exactly as described full refund. If the problem is a added back door full refund and compensation for any lost profits and time.

Lets say I order from a USA company like Cisco systems I cannot use third party validation to check that the product has not been tampered with to get my money back if it has been tampered with and if it was tampered with by the NSA and I can prove it I still have done my dollars.

This all comes as one big thing.

Has the USA shipped malware tainted products to the China the answer is yes. Is there anything a China based company can do to prevent losing money on USA malware tainted products for currently only USA made products the unfortunate answer is steal how to make the product and make it themselves. When stealing it happens to be legal under the USA laws the response has been of course lets do that.

Remember its legal to steal trade secrets in the USA because the CIA has been stealing them from other countries for decades and that include china.

I am not saying absolutely trust china. You get stuff from china it need validation by people with the skill to validate that it is what it said to be by parties not under china control.

lowflyer like it or not majority of the China supply problem is deal with by using the processes China Government has put down as recommend practice yes that recommend practice from china says you should have validation in your own country. Funny right China tells you straight up not to 100 percent trust them. The recommend practice of validate everything you get should be standard practise if you are wanting to provide quality product anyhow.

The hard part is China is larger problem to companies around the world because USA is true horrible place to deal with. The world would be a lot better place of China Government recommend practice came standard for all international trade including if caught providing tainted products having to give 100 percent refunds.

Its really simple to forgot trade problems are normally at least a two to tango problem. With both parties doing things wrong to each other. Lot of ways due to USA being a bad actor adding malware to items this forces China to steal from them to be sure to be free of malware. Also the fact USA has been stealing stuff this complete time cannot be ignored.

USA is China dance partner in this problem. USA miss behaviours are partly driving China actions. Of course China actions are partly driving USA actions. We have a feedback loop here. The party out of this feedback loop that need to change the most things to stop it is the USA.

You can think of USA being the kid who has been teasing another kid until the break and China is the kid that breaks that walks up and starts beating the living heck out the teasing kid. Lowflyer you are ignoring first kid both of them are guilty and are part of the same event. The problem is not going 100 percent away until both are dealt with. We cannot be giving USA a pass on being a bad actor particularly when they are not doing anything to prevent themselves being a bad actor to customers that are willing to-do the right things.

Comment

(snipped away since it is irrelevant).
                      Let me repeat once more very slowly:

I understand that you hate USA - but don't do business with china!

Comment

Working...
                      X