Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Discussion: How Concerned Are You If Your CPU Is Completely Open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    what if the account "coder" on phoronix.com is just fake account of qaridarium ?
    Cute. But, my point was that if you're going to quote someone to add credibility to your case, you need to quote someone credible - not just a random forum poster from elsewhere on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
      Cute. But, my point was that if you're going to quote someone to add credibility to your case, you need to quote someone credible - not just a random forum poster from elsewhere on the internet.
      do you even have the credibility to be allowed to ask for credibility ? I do not think so LOL...
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

do you even have the credibility to be allowed to ask for credibility ? I do not think so LOL...
        It seems you're out of good arguments and reduced to playing games.

When trying to argue a point, quoting reputable sources can lend strength to your argument. Finding another anonymous forum poster who agrees with you doesn't work, since they don't have any more credibility than you do (as far as we know). That's the issue. Your semantic games do nothing to resolve it.

Secondly, by engaging in the exchange, you implicitly acknowledged the standing of your counter-parties. I didn't attack you or your standing - only your argument. If you're now going to attack me or my standing, then that negates the point of even trying to win on the grounds of logical argumentation. Plus, it's bad forum etiquette.

In conclusion, if you've got nothing else of substance to offer, then I think we're done.

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
          It seems you're out of good arguments and reduced to playing games.

When trying to argue a point, quoting reputable sources can lend strength to your argument. Finding another anonymous forum poster who agrees with you doesn't work, since they don't have any more credibility than you do (as far as we know). That's the issue. Your semantic games do nothing to resolve it.

Secondly, by engaging in the exchange, you implicitly acknowledged the standing of your counter-parties. I didn't attack you or your standing - only your argument. If you're now going to attack me or my standing, then that negates the point of even trying to win on the grounds of logical argumentation. Plus, it's bad forum etiquette.

In conclusion, if you've got nothing else of substance to offer, then I think we're done.
          yes we are done because for me you do not have any credibility.... so i really do not care about your Opinion.

anyone who can read this forum can read that talking about credibility of people was started by you and not by me.

this means instead of talking about technology in a tech forum you started the " The Art of Being Right

"
          Game...
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

yes we are done because for me you do not have any credibility.... so i really do not care about your Opinion.
            It's funny how you've become so aggressive, just to avoid answering some basic questions I asked.

In fairness, I did call you out on some blatant factual errors, such as claiming that Oracle invented Java and that "java was designed to be as slow as possible". But, you really shouldn't expect to get away with such whoppers.

Anyway, I'm not telling anyone else that damages your credibility. They already know that. The one I'm telling, in a spirit of helpfulness, is you.

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            this means instead of talking about technology in a tech forum you started the " The Art of Being Right " Game...
            Dude, I just asked you to explain what makes Java Bytecode high-level and what makes Web Assembly low-level.

I don't claim to know what will happen, so your accusation seems to miss the mark. The only thing I feel fairly confident about is that I expect to continue running a natively-compiled kernel and development tools (i.e. the most performance-intensive software I routinely use), for quite some time.

I might be skeptical that Web Assembly is so different than everything before it, or that it has so much revolutionary potential, but I'm not the one with an agenda, here. You can accept my feedback or not, but attacking me isn't going to do you or your agenda any good.
            Last edited by coder; 01 March 2020, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X