Windows 10 vs. Linux Performance On The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
    It would be nice to see Arch in your benchmarks Michael. Arch and its derivatives have a relatively large number of users, and it's much closer to the core Linux kernel than most other distros. It would be nice to see how much of a difference that does or doesn't make.

But don't do it now if it takes away from new baby time! Being a father is much more important than taking special requests for benchmarking
    In order to reach his volume, Michael installs default images and (almost) never messes with defaults. He can't do that with Arch, as it doesn't even offer an automatable installer.
    I would also like to see Arch bechmarked, I'm just saying don't hold your breath
    Originally posted by betam4x View Post

I'm pretty sure that article was written before new versions of the other distros dropped.
    It was published 3 days ago, how old can it be?
    However, I wasn't suggesting Ubuntu is slow. I was merely pointing out that event the runt of the litter is still pretty darn capable.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      I would also like to see Arch bechmarked, I'm just saying don't hold your breath
      Perhaps something Arch-based, with a simpler install route?

Comment

Working...
      X