Intel Core i7 8086K Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    The benchmarks tell me there is no reason for anyone to consider this cpu. It's a premium priced fanboy part, with little real world value.
    I think that's the idea. It's a limited edition part and I would imagine that anyone buying knows that they are basically throwing extra money to Intel.

That said it's still a binned i7-8700K so if that's really what you are looking for it might be a good purchase. There are other ways to got those without buying a dozen i7-8700Ks though.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
      Damn, I'd love this CPU, but I'm a fanless enthusiast so no go unless they also release an 8086T too
      True fanless enthusiasts have bigger heatsinks.

Comment

Ah come on, vbullettin is harassing me, post for anarki2 above

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
          The 8086K is a bit of a joke (a pretty expensive one). At first glance, it looks nice, 4 GHz base and 5 GHz turbo frequency instead of 3,7 and 4,7. But the 5 GHz are only for one core loaded and all the others idle, and the 2 to 6 core turbo is the same as on the 8700K, making the base clock increase pointless as well.
          Im not sure. Is the ASUS PRIME Z370-A motherboard BIOS one of the ones that by default all core boost (IE overclocked) and have to disable that feature to get the stock 1 core boost.
          A lot of the results where close for stock vs OC 8086K.
          Last edited by rukur; 10 July 2018, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X