Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i7 8086K Linux Performance

Phoronix: Intel Core i7 8086K Linux Performance

Intel announced the limited edition Core i7 8086K processor in June to celebrate 40 years since the introduction of the original 8086 processor that ushered in the x86 architecture. The Core i7 8086K is now widely available albeit with an apparent limited time available. This celebratory CPU is built off Intel's existing Coffeelake CPU micro-architecture but with an elevated CPU base frequency and a turbo frequency that tops out at 5.0GHz to make it the company's highest-performing mainstream desktop CPU to date.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just curious, what's that green circle on the second image?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      and the Ryzen 7 1800X came in first 13% of the time
      Is that supposed to be 2700X?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post

Is that supposed to be 2700X?
        Yeah, fixed. Thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
          Just curious, what's that green circle on the second image?
          odd focusing of the camera, that is an LED from one of the PWR LEDs on one of the rackmounted systems across the room.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            you can even run one or two 4K displays without issues, including OpenGL compositing under GNOME Shell, KDE KWin, etc.
            ​​​​​​My HD 530 can't do KWin at 4K 60...

Comment

Damn, I'd love this CPU, but I'm a fanless enthusiast so no go unless they also release an 8086T too

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
                Damn, I'd love this CPU, but I'm a fanless enthusiast so no go unless they also release an 8086T too
                Underclock it?

Comment

The benchmarks tell me there is no reason for anyone to consider this cpu. It's a premium priced fanboy part, with little real world value.

Comment

The 8086K is a bit of a joke (a pretty expensive one). At first glance, it looks nice, 4 GHz base and 5 GHz turbo frequency instead of 3,7 and 4,7. But the 5 GHz are only for one core loaded and all the others idle, and the 2 to 6 core turbo is the same as on the 8700K, making the base clock increase pointless as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X