X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumbotron
    replied
    Originally posted by GruenSein View Post

The Kaveri performance increase does not have anything to do with any general optimization RR could benefit from. The increase in performance was achieved by (finally) enabling all hardware ressources (Was it execution queues? Not sure anymore) which were disabled specifically for Kaveri before. It is doubtful that the situation is or was the same for RR.
    Ok...cool. Thanks for that info !

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Duve View Post
    Hey Micheal.... a request...
    I know that just about everyone is killing for those Desktop APU, but would there be a different between them and laptop APU's? Would be be able to test any Ryzen laptops?
    I am concerned if only because I am shopping around for a new laptop and Ryzen is sounding really good for a linux laptop right now. Unless the APU's have issues.
    Unfortunately no. I have no funds for any new hardware purchases and haven't been offered any Ryzen laptop review samples.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rose
    replied
    Have you swapped the CPUs to confirm it's the chip?

Leave a comment:

• GruenSein
    replied
    Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
    Anyway....I also said that perhaps it would be interesting to see how much Mesa 18.2 contributes to this new Raven Ridge's performance. Recently it was shown how much the older Kaveri's performance improved by moving to Mesa 18.2. Could we see this same test but with Mesa 18.0.x, 18.1.x and 18.2.x ?
    The Kaveri performance increase does not have anything to do with any general optimization RR could benefit from. The increase in performance was achieved by (finally) enabling all hardware ressources (Was it execution queues? Not sure anymore) which were disabled specifically for Kaveri before. It is doubtful that the situation is or was the same for RR.

Leave a comment:

• Duve
    replied
    Hey Micheal.... a request...
    I know that just about everyone is killing for those Desktop APU, but would there be a different between them and laptop APU's? Would be be able to test any Ryzen laptops?
    I am concerned if only because I am shopping around for a new laptop and Ryzen is sounding really good for a linux laptop right now. Unless the APU's have issues.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbotron
    replied
    Let's try this again. I was unapproved as the first commenter. I originally said that the Raven Ridge now de$!roys ! Perhaps the web site did not like that word.

Anyway....I also said that perhaps it would be interesting to see how much Mesa 18.2 contributes to this new Raven Ridge's performance. Recently it was shown how much the older Kaveri's performance improved by moving to Mesa 18.2. Could we see this same test but with Mesa 18.0.x, 18.1.x and 18.2.x ?

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    Originally posted by neatnoise View Post

Integrated GPU's don't have dedicated memory, they use RAM memory.
    Yeah for this reason actual system shared memory dont enough, especially notorious at 1080p

HBM* could solve this and performance must be up at 1080p

*Only need HBM with bandwith upper to 80gb/s to improve

Leave a comment:

• davidbepo
    replied
    my 2400g has been almost stable for one month now

Leave a comment:

• neatnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
    Michael

Thanks for tests

However can add 720p tests because 1080p is too much for this apus (maybe when fix memory bandwith: HBM?)

Integrated GPU's don't have dedicated memory, they use RAM memory.

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    Michael

Thanks for tests

However can add 720p tests because 1080p is too much for this apus (maybe when fix memory bandwith: HBM?)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X