Gigabyte AB350N-GAMING WiFi: An Ideal Mini-ITX Ryzen Motherboard For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    ECC support largely depends upon the memory controller, which is part of the CPU, and all Ryzens support ECC.
    It also depends from board firmware or at least it always did up to this point.

For example also AM1 APUs had hardware support for ECC, but was disabled in BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

Or go for a reputable vendor like AsRock with ECC modules on their QVL (http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20...dex.asp#Memory)
      It's not the first time an OEM put ECC modules in the QVL but actually ran them in non-ECC mode (as ECC modules can be also run in non-ECC mode too)

Comment

Originally posted by rubdos View Post
        I'm currently running an AsRock A320M-DGS headlessly, although you have to find the option in the BIOS to kill the F1 "Confirm no monitor connected" horse shit. Otherwise runs smoothly
        Hell fucking yeah. Does that board also redirect BIOS to serial output (like some older server boards I know)?

Comment

Originally posted by rubdos View Post

I'm currently running an AsRock A320M-DGS headlessly, although you have to find the option in the BIOS to kill the F1 "Confirm no monitor connected" horse shit. Otherwise runs snhmoothly
          Does it also fully boot with a Ryzen (which has no iGPU) and no dGPU VGA ePCI card plugged in?

Comment

Give it at least 3 more pci-e slots (x1 is enough) and I'm game.

Comment

Why the hdmi and dp outputs since Ryzen doesn't have integrated graphics card? For the future?

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post

And speaking of server functionality :
                does this motherboard support ECC DIMM ?
                (e.g.: The B350-based micro-ATX from ASUS is reported to support ECC - it's enabled in the EFI firmware)

That kind of functionality makes this kind of mini-boards very useful for NAS.
                Yeah, I was thinking this. But thanks to another poster on this site, they recommended getting a Opteron from 2012, which is still decent, but was able to get a SuperMicro board, both for under $100. This board, being fully ECC supported, no question seeing as these parts were designed for server use, and not average consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
                  Give it at least 3 more pci-e slots (x1 is enough) and I'm game.
                  This is a Mini-ITX board so you might be looking for something in Micro-ATX size, right? Or do you want some odd placement of those slots?

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                    Why the hdmi and dp outputs since Ryzen doesn't have integrated graphics card? For the future?
                    They are for the Ryzen APUs, this board supports them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                      For AM4 APUs, I think. I think Bristol Ridge (AM4, Excavator based) should be in stores soon. Raven Ridge (Ryzen) some time (late?) next year. I haven't seen a AM4 motherboard with out any display connectors, I wonder if those even exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X