Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Habey MITX-6771: Mini-ITX Board With Quad-Core J1900 Bay Trail

Phoronix: Habey MITX-6771: Mini-ITX Board With Quad-Core J1900 Bay Trail

While Habey may not be a household name to most Linux desktop users, they are known in the embedded world and do produce Linux-friendly systems and motherboards. Habey recently engaged with Phoronix and today we are checking out our first Habey motherboard: the MITX-6771 that's a mini-ITX motherboard with Intel Bay Trail quad-core SoC.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=21213

Could you maybe have a look at clocks/temperature?
    I suspect the small cooler might limit it, so it did not quite hit the 10W TPD and it's turbo clock.
    Quick test with my i7-4790K stock clock system (sorry for leaving Xonotic in, that did not run on the Intel gpu)
    Last edited by user82; 12-06-2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by user82 View Post
      Could you maybe have a look at clocks/temperature?
      I suspect the small cooler might limit it, so it did not quite hit the 10W TPD and it's turbo clock.
      Quick test with my i7-4790K stock clock system (sorry for leaving Xonotic in, that did not run on the Intel gpu)
      When placed within a micro/mini ATX system with a single 80mm fan, I have yet to encounter any thermal related issues thus far and everything seemed to ramp up fine.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Interesting MoBo and i bet power drain is really low, but for that price i prefer the flexibility of AMD AM1...and just wait for AMD Beema in AM1 socket form soon to be lauched (some more months).

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
          Interesting MoBo and i bet power drain is really low, but for that price i prefer the flexibility of AMD AM1...and just wait for AMD Beema in AM1 socket form soon to be lauched (some more months).
          You don't need Beema to beat j1900/j2900 Athlon 5350 for AM1 can beat both at anything, if it does not in some cases it is for sure some software bug

I remember last time i compared those, imagemagick test behave weird when compiled, it optimize it with 'amdfam2' for some reason instead of 'btver2' , that is only test where J1900 wins a little - yeah again that one win happens because of software brokeness for some hardware
          Last edited by dungeon; 12-07-2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Anyone else think it's weird that the board uses 19v instead of 12v? I figured 12v is more common for all use cases, including "industrial".

Comment

Working...
            X