Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR X670E GENE & ASRock X670E Taichi Sensor Support For Linux 6.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR X670E GENE & ASRock X670E Taichi Sensor Support For Linux 6.7

Phoronix: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR X670E GENE & ASRock X670E Taichi Sensor Support For Linux 6.7

Guenter Roeck today sent out the hardware monitoring "HWMON" subsystem updates for the Linux 6.7 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've been using nct6775 for X670E Taichi. Is this change adding something new or it's just a duplicate functionality?

Comment

Meh, not much to be interested about.

Wake up when they support LVFS / fwupd so you can update firmware on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        I've been using nct6775 for X670E Taichi. Is this change adding something new or it's just a duplicate functionality?
        Well the relevant patch is for the nct6683 driver, so maybe it will expose more sensors, load automatically, or have better naming or calibration.

patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-hwmon/patch/20231023182442.21943-1-akoskovich@

Comment

I just wish the Motherboard manufactures would do a damn sensor.conf for their respective boards.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            The X670E Taichi has two sensors chips, the NCT6796D-S (nct6775) and the NCT6686D (nct6683). The first one worked out of the box for the X670E Taichi but the second one did not. That has changed for Linux 6.7 and there will be more sensors available for this board.

Comment

Originally posted by AKoskovich View Post

The X670E Taichi has two sensors chips, the NCT6796D-S (nct6775) and the NCT6686D (nct6683). The first one worked out of the box for the X670E Taichi but the second one did not. That has changed for Linux 6.7 and there will be more sensors available for this board.
              Good to know, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AKoskovich View Post

Just tried nct6683 from 6.7 with X670E Taichi. The sensor is loading but fans all show 0 rpm. So something must be buggy with it or may be that's intended and fans should be read from nct6775?

Comment

Working...
                X