Milk-V Duo Linux Kernel Patches Submitted For This $9 RISC-V Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk-V Duo Linux Kernel Patches Submitted For This $9 RISC-V Board

Phoronix: Milk-V Duo Linux Kernel Patches Submitted For This $9 RISC-V Board

Patches have been posted to the Linux kernel mailing list in an effort to mainline support for the Milk-V Duo RISC-V development platform with the basic board retailing for $9...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's a shame the milk-v duo doesn't have an onboard bluetooth chip, it could have been the perfect device for a few things I had in mind

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
      It's a shame the milk-v duo doesn't have an onboard bluetooth chip, it could have been the perfect device for a few things I had in mind
      Been browsing this company's website, there's two Raspberry Pi-like boards with BT included, the Mars and Meles ones. Not as compact as Duo though.

Michael, would love to see those two models benchmarked and put head to head with the latest Raspi, especially since they boast some video encoding and decoding capabilities.

Comment

You need to use external wifi/ble chip. Something like ESP32C3 is as cheap as $0.65 (for chip only, module $1.50).

Does the kernel support include the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by Antennae5101 View Post

Been browsing this company's website, there's two Raspberry Pi-like boards with BT included, the Mars and Meles ones. Not as compact as Duo though.

Michael, would love to see those two models benchmarked and put head to head with the latest Raspi, especially since they boast some video encoding and decoding capabilities.
          sadly I am looking for the pico form factor explicitly

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

sadly I am looking for the pico form factor explicitly
            You should make one yourself. It isn't necessary for these development boards to include the kitchen sink. Adding Bluetooth would increase the cost when only some hobbyists would need it.

I want to know why this device doesn't have video output other than SPI, which is generally too slow and causes tearing. The processor seems to be aimed at camera devices rather than a general device.

Comment

Looking at the 'buy now' button, it only offers vendors I've never done business with. Any other locations to buy it which are reputable?

Comment

Originally posted by Deltabeard View Post

You should make one yourself. It isn't necessary for these development boards to include the kitchen sink. Adding Bluetooth would increase the cost when only some hobbyists would need it.
                while I can kinda do hardware design, doing anything pcb related is far too hard for me, i've tried and given up multiple times lol

Comment

Would easily put that over-hyped, low memory, piece of garbage, waste of silicon Pi Pico to shame, if it were as easy to retrieve.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
                    Looking at the 'buy now' button, it only offers vendors I've never done business with. Any other locations to buy it which are reputable?
                    Looks like Arace Tech supports paypal and had the boards on sale for $5. Shipping to me in NA was $12. They claim 7-10 days shipping. I guess we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                    X