Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Budget Gigabyte Ryzen Motherboard Gets Working Sensor Support With Linux 6.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Budget Gigabyte Ryzen Motherboard Gets Working Sensor Support With Linux 6.3

Phoronix: Another Budget Gigabyte Ryzen Motherboard Gets Working Sensor Support With Linux 6.3

For those that happen to have a Gigabyte A320M-S2H V2 micro-ATX motherboard or you have been looking out for a low-end, budget motherboard for an AMD Ryzen AM4 build, the A320M-S2H V2 is the latest seeing working sensor support with the mainline Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great!

Now if it only had coreboot/libreboot support and/or fwupd support.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Great!

Now if it only had coreboot/libreboot support and/or fwupd support.
      that will be perfection

Comment

any updates on msi boards? my msi z690 edge wifi ddr5 completely lacks any sensor support and it sucks. all i see is asus, asrock, and now gigabyte.

Comment

In theory other gigabyte boards should support same wmi endpoint, like several z590 has same wmi endpoint as boards from dmi list in module.
          Look to gigabyte-wmi column in https://github.com/asus-wmi-boards-s...pported-boards

Logic in the repository are not fully checked for gigabyte, in same time, it can make minimal check by UEFI dump for gigabyte also.

Code in the repository tailored for detect Asus wmi endpoints and mutexes.

So your can check a board by code in repository before run on the real board if you afraid to run directly on your gigabyte board.
          Last edited by denisdevelops; 30 March 2023, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
            any updates on msi boards? my msi z690 edge wifi ddr5 completely lacks any sensor support and it sucks. all i see is asus, asrock, and now gigabyte.
            MAG B550M MORTAR at least has sensor support.

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
              Had you checked to see if it could be enabled manually? I have a couple MSI boards that use a specific sensor chipset that isn't enable by default in all distros (but was in Manjaro), but can be made to work simply including a line on a config file.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Had you checked to see if it could be enabled manually? I have a couple MSI boards that use a specific sensor chipset that isn't enable by default in all distros (but was in Manjaro), but can be made to work simply including a line on a config file.
                i didn't know about this? how does one do this?

Comment

That's great news for Gigabyte A320M-S2H V2 micro-ATX motherboard owners or those seeking a budget-friendly option for their AMD Ryzen AM4 build. The fact that this motherboard has working sensor support with the mainline Linux kernel is definitely a positive aspect. Having proper sensor support ensures accurate monitoring of hardware temperatures and other vital information, enhancing system stability and performance. It's always encouraging to see hardware compatibility improving within the Linux ecosystem, offering more options for users.

Comment

Looks like the current gigabyte-wmi allowlist will be removed with 6.5. Whatever this means. See https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...83#post1398383

Comment

Working...
                    X