GIGABYTE Spins Off Its Server Business Unit As Giga Computing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

If you were as abusive sounding then as you read now, you're lucky they even bothered to read past the first line without hitting the delete key.
    That's how self-entitled people who never outgrew their 'spoilt brat' stage behave. Lots of such people in developed countries who are worth nothing but think so highly of themselves and that others must bend to their demands.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      After so many years I still avoid Gigabyte motherboards
      Same here.

Comment

My experience with "GIGA Computing" has not been very good up until now. I am waiting for a BIOS update to their "server/workstation" motherboard (MW34-SP0 , W680 chipset) to add RaptorLake support for months now. Meanwhile, SuperMicro had a BIOS out quite fast after RaptorLake release. Lesson learned: buying a "workstation" motherboard does not buy you any good support.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

If you were as abusive sounding then as you read now, you're lucky they even bothered to read past the first line without hitting the delete key.
          Abusive to asshole companies?
          I have no problem with that!
          What do you do to correct bullshit behavior of a company?
          Maybe you haven't read more carefully what I wrote, I was their customer and a Linux user already at that they and they said to Linux users to just use Windows if they have problems with Linux.
          What should have I done, applaud them, let them think that this an accepted behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Abusive to asshole companies?
            I have no problem with that!
            What do you do to correct bullshit behavior of a company?
            Maybe you haven't read more carefully what I wrote, I was their customer and a Linux user already at that they and they said to Linux users to just use Windows if they have problems with Linux.
            What should have I done, applaud them, let them think that this an accepted behavior?
            I understand you became angry. But it's better to attack with proper facts, using a clear and comprehensive language. I do this even to my worst enemies.

Gigabyte sucks, their BIOS and driver support outside and inside Microsoft Windows is totally ridicule.

I think legal systems should be a lot more strict and have very strong standards against that, even forcing companies to at least release source code and detailed technical specifications that make possible to write software drivers. My thinking is quite radical, I would force to even make BIOS Open Source, but the world isn't ready for my way of thinking it seems. I believe even RMS was right in many ways, despite being a weirdo that did and said many crazy things too (nobody is perfect, right?)

I may use a more polite and descriptive language in a formal communication, of course.

I desire Gigabyte and it's subsidiaries to disappear and a middle finger like Linus did to Nvidia.

Comment

typical self-entitled hooligan behavior befitting one completely devoid of proper family upbringing.

Comment

Working...
              X