X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developer12
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

that could be an interesting path to take. not the one I am after, but it could make do if I go this route lol
    GPUs are fickle PCIe devices. Externally-attached GPUs will never be usable with the raspi4 or M1 macs because of subtle differences in their PCIe implementations compared to x86, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same occurred here. Even the big-budget POWER architecture has occasional issues.

I would not expect GPUs to work.

Leave a comment:

• PerformanceExpert
    replied
    Originally posted by treba View Post
    In case anyone wants to play with such a board and do something useful while learning about the architecture: adding RISC-V SIMD optimization to https://github.com/ebassi/graphene would help a bunch of Gnome projects, including Gnome-Shell and GTK4
    And how would you test and run the code? Remember this board has a CPU that was announced back in 2018. The vector extension has only recently been finalized, so it'll be several years before you could get a board that supports it.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

Seems like you could plug a decent video card into the HiFive board. I'm not sure how well it would perform though.
    that could be an interesting path to take. not the one I am after, but it could make do if I go this route lol

Leave a comment:

• treba
    replied
    In case anyone wants to play with such a board and do something useful while learning about the architecture: adding RISC-V SIMD optimization to https://github.com/ebassi/graphene would help a bunch of Gnome projects, including Gnome-Shell and GTK4

Leave a comment:

• NateHubbard
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    im just waiting for something with decent 3d accel, needs not be the best in the world, but I would like to run some emus
    Seems like you could plug a decent video card into the HiFive board. I'm not sure how well it would perform though.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    im just waiting for something with decent 3d accel, needs not be the best in the world, but I would like to run some emus

Leave a comment:

• loganj
    replied
    Zoll kiffmet and price too. cause this boards are so freaking expensive

Leave a comment:

• Zoll
    replied
    Originally posted by kiffmet View Post
    When will there be RISC-V boards with IPC and clockspeeds and performance similar to ARM A76 or better?
    Exactly, I'm interested to know when would any RISC-V SoC reach parity, if ever, with RPi4

Leave a comment:

• kiffmet
    replied
    When will there be RISC-V boards with IPC and clockspeeds and performance similar to ARM A76 or better?

Leave a comment:

• Smurphy
    replied
    Yeah. Nice board. Would love to get my hands on one ... in France!
    Well - I'll see how it develops in future, and I'll definitely test it.

I'm also eager to see the performance comparisons to regular Raspberry PI's :}

Leave a comment:

Working...
X