No announcement yet.

Linux Finally Has A Fix For Crackling Audio Input On Recent AMD Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I can confirm this fix crackling for me. Audio input now works like in Windows. I know this is isn't proper fix but better have workaround than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post

There was an additional pci id added for 5.3-rc5 that I think comes from Ryzen APU systems... https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...b1f6f5277d9373
      This ID comes from the new X570 motherboards. Even the commit message says it.

Comment

How to use this patch on Ubuntu 19.04 ? sorry i am still new to Linux

Comment

Originally posted by nero98 View Post
          How to use this patch on Ubuntu 19.04 ? sorry i am still new to Linux
          Installing the kernel from here is the easiest way I think: https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-pp...line/v5.3-rc4/

Download and "sudo apt install ./Downloads/linux-modules... ./Downloads/linux-image..."

But then you should update it yourself every now and then of course...

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post

Installing the kernel from here is the easiest way I think: https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-pp...line/v5.3-rc4/

Download and "sudo apt install ./Downloads/linux-modules... ./Downloads/linux-image..."

But then you should update it yourself every now and then of course...
            Thanks does the RC4 include this fix or should i wait ?

Comment

How do people even begin to diagnose Linux audio bugs?
              My Audigy 2 (yeah I know it's old) plays audio flawlessly until the moment I run Audacity. Then I get the strangest distortion I've ever heard until I reboot. I don't run PulseAudio, nor do I use JACK. My card's old enough that I can't really depend on someone else figuring it out like what happened with the realtek/AMD systems here. Especially since the number of people with conventional PCI slots is dwindling.
              Last edited by wyatt8740; 19 August 2019, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                I got crackling audio playback on my ryzen 2500u laptop [1022:15e3] when i use a wired headset, it really bugs me a lot.
                I tried many "solutions" i found while searching for a solution but nothing solved it for me.
                Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                I tried it but it didn't solve the problem of crackling playback using wired headset.
                I always crackles in wired headphones even if i don't playback any sound at all.
                Originally posted by Haxk20 View Post

I have the same issue. (Acer nitro 5 AN515-42). I will report the bug as i use 5.3rc4 and its still an issue. Even tho for me the issue happens only sometimes but its still there.
                I had some time to investigate whats going on and i did find the cause but it wasn't what i thought.
                It was interference from the power outlet caused by apower strip (multi-socket), if i remove the power strip everything is as it should.
                If you pull the net adapter from the laptop does the crackling sound disappear?
                I'm buying a filter that i can use when i am on the go.

Comment

Will make a bug report with all the info really quick.
                  Scratch the stuff about power outlet. Try to reboot without AC power to the laptop. I did and launched discord the crackling was sadly there. Was so happy that you found out what it was but well it isnt it sadly.
                  BTW here is bug report: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204677
                  Last edited by Haxk20; 23 August 2019, 06:12 PM. Reason: Added bug report.

Comment

Working...
                  X