Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same thing on an old motherboard. Realtek 1150 + AMD

Comment

it looks like my system is affected, but i never noticed it because proper way of connecting sound equipment is via usb

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        it looks like my system is affected, but i never noticed it because proper way of connecting sound equipment is via usb
        I wouldn't consider that "proper". It's not necessarily worse, but SPDIF and HDMI are more what I'd call proper, due to lower latency and less CPU overhead.

Comment

Originally posted by soulsource View Post
          The patch also applies on 4.19... I'm tempted to give it a try.

Edit: Yep, seems to work fine. I'm no longer sounding like Darth Vader in Discord.
          You say that like it's a good thing

For me it would be this:

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
            Thanks for your time. Did many people complained-about/investigated it? I wanted to, but it wasn't a big priority for me and is still on my TODO list.
            57 users on cc: and 255 comments: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=195303 I tried to push it forward a bit among other people!

Comment

Originally posted by guglovich View Post
              I have the same thing on an old motherboard. Realtek 1150 + AMD
              How old? If it's a slightly different chip perhaps it should be listed to have the fix also, check with:

alsa-info --stdout | grep -A 20 "PCI Vendor"

Comment

I got crackling audio playback on my ryzen 2500u laptop [1022:15e3] when i use a wired headset, it really bugs me a lot.
                I tried many "solutions" i found while searching for a solution but nothing solved it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post

How old? If it's a slightly different chip perhaps it should be listed to have the fix also, check with:

alsa-info --stdout | grep -A 20 "PCI Vendor"
                  Asus A88X-Pro + Kaveri 7850K, sound Realtek 1150. In the list of problematic ones is ALC883.
                  I do not have a package for this command.

Comment

Originally posted by guglovich View Post

Asus A88X-Pro + Kaveri 7850K, sound Realtek 1150. In the list of problematic ones is ALC883.
                    I do not have a package for this command.
                    You can do "lspci -nn" . I would guess that would already be covered by older workarounds...

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                      I got crackling audio playback on my ryzen 2500u laptop [1022:15e3] when i use a wired headset, it really bugs me a lot.
                      I tried many "solutions" i found while searching for a solution but nothing solved it for me.
                      If you know how to build the linux kernel, grab the patch https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...bd8a78f5ecc7db and change the { PCI_DEVICE(0x1022, 0x1457), stuff in the bottom of the patch to your 15e3.

Comment

Working...
                      X