Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    Thanks, now I see it.
    Can someone from Talos please confirm if those 73.89$ include ALL importing fees and taxes?
    If I understand it correctly I won't have to pay the Italian VAT once the packet goes through the Italian customs because I've already paid it in the 73.89$, right?
    One more thing: is it possible to get an invoice? I don't see any option to insert the VAT ID...
    If someone remembers the Talos guy username, can he please tag him?

madscientist159
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
      finally bad code is bad code on any platform. One example is the IDE Eclipse which self destructs on any platform I’ve installed it on. This includes Mac OS, Windows and Linux. My experience tells me that Eclipse would self destruct on a Power based system too.
      I use Eclipse. It doesn't self-destruct, it's reliable and usable for me. But it does require more effort and Eclipse-specific expertise than getting up and running on the same project with IntelliJ. I just stick with the fully open source option over the open core alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        why is there no upgrade possible to the preorder bundle from 4core into 8 core ?
        There is a purchase page for the 8 core:
        https://secure.raptorcs.com/content/.../purchase.html

I found it as a variation of the 4-core URL. Their Twitter feed noted it was added as a result of demand. Both bundles are now shown on the RaptorCS products page.

It is $330 more than the 4-core bundle, but includes the 3U heatsink ($110 separate on the 4-core page). $220 more for twice the CPU seems quite reasonable.

Just placed my order for 8-core + 32GB RAM.
        - $131.85 shipping to Canada. $99.84 International order fee (likely due to paying by Visa).
        Al
        Last edited by AlDunsmuir; 25 November 2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

For people outside the US wondering about US shipping rates: I signed up for an account on Raptor Computing's site and added the 8-core Blackbird bundle to my cart. My shipping options are USPS Priority 2-Day for $54 or UPS Ground (1-5 Day) for $45. USPS Priority Mail shipping rates are based on "zones" (you can visualize them here) and assuming Raptor CS ships from the zip code listed on their contact page (61008) I am in zone 4 (out of 8) so my shipping costs should in the middle of the range.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Radar View Post
            For people outside the US wondering about US shipping rates: I signed up for an account on Raptor Computing's site and added the 8-core Blackbird bundle to my cart. My shipping options are USPS Priority 2-Day for $54 or UPS Ground (1-5 Day) for $45. USPS Priority Mail shipping rates are based on "zones" (you can visualize them here) and assuming Raptor CS ships from the zip code listed on their contact page (61008) I am in zone 4 (out of 8) so my shipping costs should in the middle of the range.
            For Europeans, mentally add sizable import tax. U.S is a non-EU country. Could mean, depending on the size of your order, be hundreds of Euros extra spent.

Comment

So far no reply to my email to sales@ on Sat. Probably under heavy volume, but since they started such a campaign over the weekend, would've made sense to have the sales staff work the weekend too. Ended up ordering to a US friend. Shipping was 45$, no extra fees. Assuming they can forward it to me at about 60$, that's 120$ saved over Raptor sending directly...

Comment

But yeah, now waiting for Q1 and my 8-core POWER9 to come

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  So far no reply to my email to sales@ on Sat. Probably under heavy volume, but since they started such a campaign over the weekend, would've made sense to have the sales staff work the weekend too. Ended up ordering to a US friend. Shipping was 45$, no extra fees. Assuming they can forward it to me at about 60$, that's 120$ saved over Raptor sending directly...
                  I've sent them an email too, but they didn't answer as well.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                  X