AMD/RTG's Raja Koduri Joins Intel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
    I don't see how this does not end up in at least 1 lawsuit; this guy helps to develop Vega, AMD signs a licensing deal with Intel concerning AMD's graphics technology, this guy resigns from AMD and a couple of days later it's announced that Intel has hired him in the exact same role he had at AMD. It should be obvious that this guy can now use AMD's gpu technology with Intel's products and it would be perfectly legal because the 2 companies signed a licensing agreement.

Of course it's possible that this guy going to work for Intel was part of the licensing deal...
    He was released from AMD the day he was announced on a Sabbatical. Executives go on Sabbaticals and then pop up at other corporations. They ``fired him'' for his leadership skills and inability to deliver the product he envisioned. By the way, he's not a Ph.D., nor the brains behind the architecture, never mind Navi.

I expect the day they let him go for several months the board was already looking for a better person to run RTG.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

He was released from AMD the day he was announced on a Sabbatical. Executives go on Sabbaticals and then pop up at other corporations. They ``fired him'' for his leadership skills and inability to deliver the product he envisioned. By the way, he's not a Ph.D., nor the brains behind the architecture, never mind Navi.

I expect the day they let him go for several months the board was already looking for a better person to run RTG.
      Why do you think what you're saying is true?

Comment

"On sabbatical" is the same thing as "on vacation", and much of the time when there's a press release about something like this it's marketing/PR speak for "got asked to resign (or left voluntarily), and is using up his remainder personal leave days" before moving on to whoever may have hired him. So, nothing to see here that's out of the ordinary. When someone leaves a company, it's customary for them to be officially on vacation to burn up their accumulated sick days/vacation days or simply get paid for them in their last check. The press releases are accurate. He was officially on sabbatical/vacation at AMD and he got a new job at Intel. Otherwise, PR wouldn't bother with announcing executives are on vacation.

Edit to add: Most contracts require notice to employer X number of days before leaving. Not notifying your employer can be construed as "job abandonment" and isn't something you want on your employment record. Most likely AMD knew all about this and there were either negotiations to keep him, they said "Bye", or like some speculate he was asked to resign.
        Last edited by stormcrow; 09 November 2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          A war does not need one man. it is fun to build and own a non intel pc, then you are free of the wintel religion that robs your money.
          I meant I didn't buy any stock in AMD, I have plenty of AMD hardware.

Comment

So basically Amd and Intel traded Raja Koduri for a commission of CPUs with integrated AMD graphics... Interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
              He is Vice President of Intel now.
              Not VP of Intel, but a VP at Intel. A SVP, to be precise. One of many. I'm no expert on Intel's org structure, but he might not even be the top dog of his new business unit.

Comment

Working...
              X